Boston Art Commission - Web Designers
The Boston Art Commission, part of the Mayor’s Office of Arts, Tourism and Special events is looking for a creative web designer to develop its new website. The web designer will be in charge of both designing the website’s graphics and code. Design skills and the mastery of graphic software are as important as the technical knowledge for coding.
The Boston Art Commission has care and custody of well over 500 public artworks in the City of Boston. The Commission is planning a website to help promote its mission and ongoing programs, such as temporary exhibitions, the permanent collection and public art trails.
Specific coding skills needed
• PHP/CSS code, imperative
• RSS compliance
• XHTML compliance, preferred
• Knowledge of Flash code, preferred
Specific designing skills needed
• Adobe CS3 suite or any other major designing program
• Log-in, secured space reserved for staff members
• User-friendly interface for staff members in order to upload their own content and/or update website information
• User-friendly interface for visitors, easy access to crucial information
• Specific content: newsletter subscription box, search box, interactive map and web 2.0 content compliance (uploading photos)
• Project must be completed by May 2009
How To Apply:
• Please send a statement of interest, resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org under the subject “Public Art Web Designer”
• Please include a fee estimation
• Applications must be received by February 20, 2009
February 20, 2009
Please submit fee estimation
About this Organization:
The Mission of the Mayor’s Office of Arts,Tourism and Special Events is to promote participation in the arts/ public celebrations, and increase cultural tourism in the City of Boston. The department also coordinates the presentation of free programming in the performing arts and visual arts, including year-round and seasonal programming.