New England Aquarium is seeking a Full Time, regular Environmental Water Quality Technician, level 1, 2 or Senior depending on experience. The Environmental Quality Technician is responsible for monitoring, recording, reporting and effecting appropriate change to environmental parameters at New England Aquarium in accordance and compliance with institutional, federal, state and local regulations and policies.
New England Aquarium has implemented comprehensive safety protocols for employees and visitors to minimize the risk of COVID-19 exposure. As a member of our team, you will be provided with the training and resources needed to ensure a safe and rewarding experience. In addition, the Aquarium requires all staff to be vaccinated and boosted (when eligible) against COVID-19 unless a reasonable medical or religious accommodation is requested and approved.
This is a full-time regular position offering a comprehensive benefits package. The schedule will be Tuesday - Saturday from 8:00am - 5:00pm EST, and may require occasional weekend and holiday coverage, as well as occasional late night or early morning coverage.
- Monitors environmental quality of exhibits, holding tanks, life support systems, intake and discharge water using chemical, electronic, microbiological and electrochemical methods in compliance with Aquarium, local, state and federal policies and regulations.
- Records and analyzes data on environmental quality and distributes to appropriate Animal Care and Facilities staff.
- Assists the Environmental Quality Director to organize, train and supervise volunteers to monitor water quality.
- Implements, monitors and maintains aquatic life support system technologies and water-borne pharmaceutical treatments in conjunction with Animal Care and Facilities staff.
- Implements corrective measures for environmental quality problems in consultation with appropriate Animal Care and Facilities staff.
- Assists the Environmental Quality Director to Monitor quantities of lab supplies.
- Monitors discharge water in compliance with DEP/EPA regulations.
- Performs other job related tasks, as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS Minimum Training and Experience
- Bachelor's or Associate's degree in life sciences, environmental engineering, biology and/or chemistry preferred but not required
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Excel and Word applications required
- Availability to work weekends, some holidays, and occasional early morning or late night hours required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Familiarity with analytical chemistry techniques, including spectrophotometry preferred.
- Experience with life support systems and analytical chemistry equipment preferred.
For more information and to apply online please visit:http://neaq.applicantpro.com/jobs/
New England Aquarium is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer as defined by the EEOC.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.https://www.applicantpro.com/j/2489850-11573