Director of Development
Craft Museum (FCM) offers expansive opportunities to discover the world of
contemporary craft. Through exhibitions, collections, education, and public
programs, we challenge perceptions and build appreciation of the material
world. FCM is an accredited art museum dedicated to contemporary craft and is
open to the public year-round.
Director of Development is a critical piece to our mission. The position
is a fulltime, salaried, exempt year-round position starting at $60k-80k (DOE) a year for 32
hours a week (Tu-Fri, 9 am – 5 pm, with some weekend and evening work
required). The position reports to the Museum Executive Director and is eligible
for benefits including medical and dental insurance (80% employer paid),
retirement with 3% employer match, and paid time off. FCM offers a flexible
work environment with the possibility of partial remote work.
Director of Development is responsible for the alignment and
execution of all fundraising, membership, and marketing strategies across the
organization in order to grow our donor base, member pool, and increase public
awareness of Fuller Craft Museum’s work.
Director of Development will create and implement a multi-year fundraising
and marketing plan that includes donors at all levels, corporate, foundation, membership,
grants, special events, presentations, electronic and direct mail, and
collateral efforts that support and advance the organization’s vision and work.
In partnership with the Executive Director, the Director of Development is one of the primary staff fundraisers and key solicitors for gifts.
This role requires a focus on organization, quality and attention to detail.
Director of Development oversees two Development Department
employees: Graphic Design and Social Media Manager (FT) and Development Associate
(PT). The position also partners with the Executive Director, Development
Staff, volunteer Development Committee and Board of Trustees.
We are looking for someone with a mixed skill set including:
· Minimum 3-5 years in museum or non profit development, membership, marketing, or related experience
· Proven success and experience with and must be dedicated to working with a diverse audience; experience advancing and advocating for diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility; cultural competency
· Proven track record of building strong and productive relationships with donors and prospects, members, and constituents
· Ability to provide high quality stewardship at all gift levels and to drive a dynamic membership program
· Documented experience raising minimum of $750,000 in contributed income per year
· Experience with capital projects, grants, and larger fundraising initiatives
· Track record of identifying, writing and soliciting grant and foundation gifts
· Experience in creating and implementing special events for engagement and cultivation
· Ability to assist in board development, board reports, and advising the board and senior staff on philanthropic initiatives
· Familiarity with craft, contemporary art, and/or a broad general knowledge of art history or art programming
· Proven success in a small, nimble organization and willingness to “pitch in”
· Superior strategic, leadership, writing, communications, and organization skills, and the ability to manage, track and report on multiple projects simultaneously
· Competency in Raiser’s Edge, Microsoft Office 365, cloud services, and Google Docs
· Must exhibit an ability to work as part of a team
· Personnel management experience
· Advanced interpersonal skills, emotional intelligence, and empathy
· Implement and grow DEAI commitment
How To Apply:
Fuller Craft Museum serves a wide array of audiences, including national art
and craft communities; tourists and visitors to Boston, Providence, and
Plymouth County; the city of Brockton and southeastern Massachusetts. Brockton,
Massachusetts is an old city with a distinguished history. Today it is a city
that welcomes diversity, with more than 50 languages spoken. It is a city of
more than 100,000 people, with 46% identifying as Black or African American;
25% of the population is under 18. Learn more about Brockton at About
Brockton, MA - City of Brockton.
cited statistics show that women and members of structurally marginalized
and/or underrepresented communities apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the
qualifications. Fuller Craft Museum encourages any interested party to apply,
as no one ever meets all of the qualifications. We look forward to your
offer of employment from FCM is contingent on a successful background check,
including Massachusetts Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI).
note: although salaried and considered “fulltime,” this position is for 32
hours a week (Tue-Fri, 9 am – 5 pm with some flexibility and remote
apply, please send a letter of interest and resume, to FCM Executive Director
Erin McGough at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Director of Development” in your
May 31, 2022
$60,000 - $80,000
About this Organization:
Fuller Craft Museum is New England's home for contemporary craft. As one of only 8 contemporary craft museums in the United States, Fuller Craft is among the fastest growing, most unique institutions in the northeast.