We are seeking a dynamic individual with excellent organizational skills and strong customer service experience to support the Division of Academic and Public Programs (DAPP) at the Harvard Art Museums. DAPP is responsible for academic and public programs at the Harvard Art Museums and works closely with all divisions of the museums.
Under the supervision of the Staff Assistant in DAPP, the Programs Assistant will perform a variety of administrative/support duties to help support a robust series of public programs. Duties will include setting up the Zoom webinars for virtual programs, scheduling practice talks, coordinating external vendors, and providing technical support during each program. In addition, the assistant will gather and report programming data, coordinate with Communications on video recordings, obtain copyright permission for all copyrighted and non-collections objects, upload images and video recording to the archival repository, and other tasks as assigned. This position may require occasional work on evenings and/or weekends.
The ideal candidate is organized, reliable, friendly, and a team player. S/he/they works quickly and confidently under pressure, and is patient and professional in all interactions with museums staff, invited guests, and external partners.
- All public programs at the Harvard Art Museums will continue to be virtual for the fall semester. This position will require both remote and on-site work.
- All Harvard community members who have an on-campus presence must comply with the University’s health and safety guidelines and protocols. Additionally, Harvard will require COVID vaccination for all Harvard community members who will have any on-campus presence. Submission of proof of vaccination will be required. Staff may claim exemption from the vaccine requirement for medical or religious reasons. Note that unvaccinated individuals may be subject to additional public health measures (e.g., masking, testing) above and beyond what is required of vaccinated individuals.
- Experience in related professional administrative setting.
- Strong knowledge of video conferencing platforms (Zoom) and Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, adjusting to the unique needs of each program.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with a diverse group of constituents.
- Excellent customer service skills, attention to detail, professionalism, and organizational skills.
- Capacity to adjust to shifting priorities and to work on multiple tasks concurrently.
- A sense of humor and an interest in interacting with public audiences is a plus, as is an interest in art and visual culture.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How To Apply:
This is a part-time, non-benefits eligible, temporary position (14 hours per week) through December 22, 2021. Preferred schedule is Tuesdays and Thursdays 11am-3pm and Wednesdays 12-5pm. Pay rate: $25/hour.
To apply, please submit a resumé and cover letter to email@example.com. The position will remain open until filled, and applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
October 09, 2021
About this Organization:
The Harvard Art Museums — the Fogg Museum, Busch Reisinger
Museum, and Arthur M. Sackler Museum — are dedicated to advancing and
supporting learning at Harvard University, in the local community, and around
the world. The museums have played a leading role in the development of art
history, conservation, and conservation science, and in the evolution of the
art museum as an institution. Through research, teaching, professional
training, and public education, the museums strive to advance the understanding
and appreciation of art. Programs encourage close looking at original works of
art, collaboration with campus and community partners, and the production of
new scholarship. For more information, please visit our website at harvardartmuseums.org.