Coordinator, Group Classes for Young Children
Brookline Music School (BMS) seeks an experienced educator/administrator specializing in early childhood music and movement as well as group piano to coordinate the early childhood program administratively, set goals and a vision for the program, and serve as the public face of the program in the school and the greater Brookline community.
The ideal candidate will possess a strong vision for what a group class program is able to provide for the community, as well as the skills and experience necessary to guide the program towards that vision.
While this position is posted as part-time, there is a possibility this position can be combined with an Early Childhood Music Teacher and/or Group Piano Teacher position to result in a full time position with eligibility for benefits. If you are interested in combining this position with teaching responsibilities, please indicate this in your application materials.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Leading the early childhood program, ages birth to 7
- Leading group piano program, ages 4 and up
- Reviewing and updating curriculum as needed
- Managing the program in coordination with existing program/registration staff including student placement in the group piano program
- Hiring, training, observing, coaching and evaluating teaching staff
- Teaching early childhood and/or group piano classes
- Functioning as the community resource and spokesperson for BMS early childhood programs and developing community collaborations.
- Planning and hosting early childhood and group piano events both for students and parents
- Managing summer programs for young children
- Bachelor of Music degree in music education
- Advanced degree(s) in music education preferred
- Experience with Music Learning Theory a plus
- Desire to lead an innovative early childhood program
- Strong organizational, communication, problem-solving and interpersonal skills
- Ability to coordinate complex schedules and effectively manage faculty and
- student needs
- Experience working with standard office software including Word, Excel, and database programs.
- Strategic thinker with demonstrated experience developing programs and coordinating events
How To Apply:
Candidates should email a cover letter, résumé with contact information and a list of references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put the job title in the subject heading.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.No phone calls please.
May 25, 2021
$0 - $20,000
About this Organization:
A private, nonprofit community school for the arts, BMS is the oldest and largest cultural institution in Brookline. Founded in 1924 by the Brookline Public Schools, its original purpose was to enhance school orchestras by providing music lessons after hours on school premises. BMS became a private organization in the 1940s and was incorporated as a nonprofit organization in 1967. Constituting a unique model of cooperation between public and private sectors, the Brookline Public Schools continue to generously donate classroom space to Brookline Music School for private music lessons.
Brookline Music School does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, religion, veteran-status, ancestry, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.