Graduate Assistant For Campus Life
Montserrat College of Art in Beverly, MA was founded in 1970 and
recently celebrated its 50th anniversary. The college has an enrollment of
370 students both domestic and international. Montserrat is a
fully accredited college that offers a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in 10
concentrations and five minors. The college offers robust, year-round,
continuing education offerings throughout the year including summer programs
for teens and children. Montserrat College of Art has a strong gallery and
visiting artist program that is free and open to the public. Located in
the coastal, historic city of Beverly, Montserrat offers the best of both
worlds for its faculty, students and staff with access to the commuter rail (a
30-minute train ride to Boston) and three blocks to the Atlantic
As a member of the College’s Student Affairs staff, the Graduate
Assistant’s primary role is to assist students in creating an inclusive community to enhance personal
and artistic growth, both in the residence areas and through campus activities.
This is a 10 month (early August – May 31) live-in position with a requirement
of 25 hours per week commitment (including appointments, meetings, events,
etc.) when classes are in session. The GA will also serve as the Resident Assistant for an apartment
building on campus. The GA will work with all residents to have a safe space that is conducive to respectful living,
creating and learning. The successful candidate will have a demonstrated
commitment to equity and inclusion.
apartment with internet and $10,000 stipend, paid bi-weekly.
Functional Areas and Description of Duties
Residence Life responsibilities:
- Assist with Resident Assistant (RA) selection, training,
- Attend weekly Residence Life staff
- Assist with Residence Life programming efforts
- Mediate roommate/house issues
- Serve in Administrator-on-call rotation, handling crises and
other related matters, with other Campus Life professional staff members
- Serve as an RA in off-campus apartments, where they will live (will not serve in
RA on duty rotation)
Campus Life responsibilities:
- Serve as a student conduct hearing officer
- Assist with advising student groups
- Assist with New Student Orientation planning, execution and
- Attend weekly Campus Life staff meetings
- Assist with Campus Life programming efforts
- Advise one or more student clubs/organizations
- Lead Student Affairs’ social media presence across multiple platforms
Student Affairs responsibilities:
- Assist with special projects, including but not limited to,
collaborating with offices across campus
- Attend weekly Student Affairs staff meetings and other
campus-wide meetings when possible.
- Must be committed to promoting diversity, equity and inclusion at, and
Bachelor’s degree, resident assistant experience and acceptance
into a graduate program.
Campus leadership/involvement at the undergraduate level.
How To Apply:
submit a cover letter, resume and contact information for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org with a
subject life of Graduate Assistant for Campus Life, by April 26, 2021. Please reach out to Maureen.email@example.com with
College of Art is committed to creating an environment of talented and diverse
faculty and staff members. Montserrat is an equal opportunity employer and
seeks to diversify its workforce as a key initiative in our strategic plan. All
qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual
orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
April 26, 2021
About this Organization:
Montserrat is a young, dynamic professional college of art located on Boston's North Shore. We offer a 4-year BFA degree as well as Pre-College, Continuing Education, and Young Artists' programs.