Worcester Art Museum
55 Salisbury St.
Worcester, MA 01609
April 06, 2021
Central Control Room Guard
Title: Central Control Room Guard
Type: Hourly, Part time, Non-Exempt
Reports To: Protective Services Supervisors
Direct Reports: None
Purpose: To maintain security via control systems and physical inspection and [to] control and record entrance and egress activity of service door .
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitor intrusion, video, fire and climate control systems and take appropriate action; act as telephone liaison with fire department under alarm conditions
- Control entry and egress of the service door to staff and vendors; receive and record shipments; assist and direct vendors
- Issue and retrieve Museum credit cards, gallery attendant equipment, staff, van and room keys; take appropriate action when items are not returned
- Record and submit reports (when required) of any situation out of the ordinary to supervision; maintain all required Control Room logs
- Staff the entrance desks as required
- Control the flow of property according to the property control policies
- Respond to radio communications and involve supervisors, law enforcement, and EMT services as required without delay when addressing emergency response needs
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
Ability to work a flexible work schedule including nights, overnight, weekends and holiday hours
Regular and reliable attendance
Computer literate, comfortable operating computer and technology software including SharePoint, email systems, web based applications
Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing
Ability to work well with others while effectively maintaining the security requirements of the Museum
History of honesty and integrity
High school or equivalent
Demonstrated qualities of responsibility and accountability in maintaining rules and regulations while dealing with the public and staff. Previous experience with CCTV, building monitoring systems (Fire, HVAC and Access Control) preferred.
April 30, 2021
About this Organization:
Art Museum creates transformative programs and exhibitions, drawing on its
exceptional world-renowned collection of 38,000 works of art spanning 51
centuries. Central to its mission is a focus on audience engagement, connecting
visitors of all ages and abilities with inspiring art and demonstrating its
enduring relevance to daily life. The Museum’s creative initiatives—from
pioneering collaborative programs with local schools, to fresh approaches to
exhibition design and in-gallery teaching, to a long history of studio class
instruction—provide opportunities for its diverse audiences to experience art
and learn both from and with artists.
Centrally located in New England, Worcester is an hour from Boston, Providence
and Hartford, an hour and a half from the Berkshires, three hours from New York
City, and is convenient to Vermont, New Hampshire, and Maine.
Museum is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity.