Visitor Services Associates work to further the mission of The Trustees and preserve our special place forever by providing superior service during each daily visit, program, and events.
This dynamic position presents new opportunities to serve our visitors, including but not limited to the following:
Oversee the general admission ticketing for daily visitors
Oversee the admission of events and programming while maintaining the overall visitor experience.
Accurately and efficiently conduct a variety of sales in our retail shop and admissions desk
Join training sessions and tours to offer visitors insight on different garden and historic house experiences
Generate new memberships through visitor engagement
Address every concern as a priority and see it through to resolution
In This Role You Will:
Provide directions and basic layout of the property to guests
Uphold high standards of customer service, including greeting every customer, educating them about Stevens-Coolidge House & Gardens and The Trustees, and helping them in a friendly manner.
Manage the POS system. Responsible for cash handling; reconciling the cash drawer at end of day; conducting credit card transactions; and handling returns and refunds.
Front Desk and Retail:
Provide visitors with a warm welcome and offer guidance as needed including but not limited to:
Welcome group tours and provide welcoming experience upon entering property.
Manage external calls about the property in a professional manner and forward calls as needed to appropriate staff members
Address visitor questions directly whenever possible
Perform opening and closing duties related to cash reconciliation, organization, and cleanliness.
Receive deliveries and assist with inventory controls, including managing expiration dates; restocking shelves; merchandising; pricing new items; updating inventory; taking product photographs to specification; writing product descriptions; and updating in-store signage.
Grab and Go:
Support manager with various food service operations including but not limited to:
Maintaining a superior cleanliness standard
Sale of Grab & Go merchandise
Restocking grab and go merchandise
• Interest in gardens and history
• Desire to engage with and serve the public
• Attention to Detail and a friendly demeanor
• Strong communication skills, dependability, and punctuality
• Flexibility to support property operations in a variety of positions
Education and Experience:
• High School Diploma Required
• Candidate must be at least 18 years of age with a minimum of one year of work experience.
• Bi-lingual applicants are encouraged to apply
• Background check required
• This position will typically work a weekend schedule with periodic weekday evening and daytime shifts.
• Able to work well with people in a team environment and to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally
• Able to function and act both independently & as a team, plus make decisions & multitask under pressure.
• Math skills for handling and counting cash
• Able to consistently lift 40lbs & stand for long periods of time (at least 6 hours)
About The Trustees
The Trustees is one of Massachusetts’ largest non-profits and the nation’s first conservation and preservation organization. Today, the places we care about are going fast, and the forces undermining them, including climate change, are moving faster.?Our passion is to protect and share with everyone the irreplaceable natural and cultural treasures under our care.?We are funded and supported entirely by our visitors, supporters, volunteers, and more than 60,000 member households.
The Trustees has been featured in the Top 100 Women-Led Organizations in Massachusetts for six consecutive years.
In addition to being an Equal Opportunity Employer, The Trustees aims to create a thriving, inclusive workplace that values each member of its team. We aspire to reflect and effectively serve the residents and communities of Massachusetts who are at the core of our mission.
The Trustees is a signer of the Boston Women’s Workforce Council and a Member of the Boston College Center for Work and Family.
We kindly request that you do not call to inquire about the status of your application. Those candidates chosen for interviews will be contacted.