Convergence Ensemble (CE) is seeking a creative, community-minded, and expressive part-time Communications Manager (CM). The Communications Manager contributes, builds, and guides CE’s narrative within the greater Boston area. Working with the Administrative-Operations Manager and the Artistic Director, the CM carefully curates CE’s story, consistently grows CE’s social media network, produces digital and print materials, and assists the GM with marketing and fundraising. Additionally, the CM serves as a tech specialist, managing CE’s audio and video recordings, live-streaming infrastructure, and website maintenance.
This position is an opportunity to strategize, develop, and execute marketing and communications plans for a small music nonprofit. The ideal candidate will have at least six months of related experience, excellent written and verbal communications skills, be tech savvy, and have a demonstrated community building skills. This is an entry level position.
Reports to: General Manager
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
E-mail/Social Media/Online Communications:
· Write and design digital marketing materials such as e-blasts, online ads, etc.
· Manage social media platforms
· Create new online content
· Research new ways of capturing online audiences
· Analyze social media analytics
· Manage and maintain CE’s website
· Maintain open dialogue with community and educational partners
· Research and create new relationships between CE and other partners
· Create and distribute Press Releases
- Develop printed materials such as season brochures, program books, postcards, posters, thank you letters, appeal letters, etc.
- Collaborate with GM and Artistic Director about marketing strategy
- Standardize CE graphic design
- Maintain relationship with print houses
Administrative, Production, and Development Support:
· Manage PR, mailing, and emailing lists
· Capture audience data from concerts and other events
· Assist the GM with fundraising strategy implementation
· Edit photos, videos, and audio recordings (i.e. formatting for print or social media; major recording and photography projects will be handled by media contractors)
· Attend performances and events, as needed
· 1 year of related experience (can be education, customer service, marketing, etc.); 2 years of nonprofit marketing experience preferred
· Knowledge of classical music required
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
· Proficiency with Adobe InDesign (required) and Photoshop (or equivalent)
· Working familiarity with video editing (i.e. Premiere Pro) and/or DAWs (i.e. Logic) a plus
· Basic working knowledge of Squarespace (or other drag-and-drop websites), Google Drive, and Microsoft Office
· Willingness to learn live-streaming production; experience with OBS or equivalent a plus
· Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
· Demonstrated community building skills
· Experience working with print houses
How To Apply:
· Stipend: $250/month, contracted
· Hours: Flexible, with a 4-8 hour/week average; occasional weekends/evenings required
· Working conditions: Remote, with occasional in-person assignmentsHow to Apply:
Submit a cover letter, resume, and 3 marketing and/or writing samples (i.e. fundraising letters, e-blasts, program books, ads) to Joseph Borgia email@example.com with “Communications Manager Application” in the subject line. In your cover letter, briefly outline your experience, commitment to diversity, and your marketing/communications vision.
CE encourages you to apply even if your experience is limited. This position is a learning opportunity for those who want to explore small nonprofits and gain experience in implementing their own communications strategies.