Finance & HR Associate
GrubStreet is the leading literary arts center in the country. We are a hardworking and creative bunch and pride ourselves on a warm and supportive work environment. The Finance & HR Associate position plays a vital role in helping GrubStreet to support our mission.
This role is responsible for assisting with the day-to-day financial and human resources operations of the organization. This includes communicating with students, instructors, and vendors regarding payments; managing accounts payable and receivable; supporting with monthly reconciliations processes; helping to coordinate onboarding, reviews, and other HR processes; and supporting both the Finance and HR teams in payroll and benefits.
This is a full-time permanent position.The Finance & HR Associate works in our fast-paced, friendly Boston office (currently operating remotely). This position reports to the Finance Coordinator/Bookkeeper and works closely with the Senior Human Resources Manager as well as the entire team.
We encourage BIPOC (Black, Indigenous and people of color), LGBTQIA+, people with disabilities, and other communities historically underrepresented in arts administration spaces to apply. GrubStreet strives to dismantle every system, process, or structure that would discourage any person from working with us. We actively seek diversity, equity, and inclusivity because we know that all people are vital and that their stories are our stories.
Finance Support (65%)
- Monitor and perform the day-to-day financial operations within the Organization, including but not limited to
- Manage Accounts Payable and Receivable
- Support the Finance Coordinator and CFO/COO with monthly financial reporting and reconciliation
- Manage and maintain general finance email and distribute appropriate correspondence to members of the finance and operations tea
- Petty cash management and reconciliation
- Monthly credit card reconciliation
- Assist the Finance Coordinator with monthly budget reconciliation with all program and development teams
- Administration of student payment plans process and scholarship reconciliation
- Support the administration of payroll and benefits
- Support the Finance Coordinator with financial reporting required for grant applications and foundational and other donor reporting
Human Resources Support (35%)
- Support the Senior Human Resources Manager, including but not limited to:
- Post new job openings to website and job boards, and assist with drafting job descriptions
- Assist with staff onboarding process (preparing documents, working with Ops/IT re: creation of software accounts, ordering equipment, etc.)
- Assist with HR calendar of events
- Coordinate and schedule employee annual reviews
- Coordinate time-off tracking process
- Draft instructor contracts and contracted instructor invoices for review and distribution
- Support unemployment reporting and processes
- Create and run timesheet process for temporary workers
- Conduct CORI checks for instructors, as needed
- Assist with refining HR processes
- Assist with the recruitment process for internship program
- Post internships to site and college and university boards
- Manage applications and coordinate interview process with supervisors
- Build schedules in coordination with Ops team
- Assist with initial onboarding
- Contribute to GrubStreet’s anti-racism and anti-bias resources for the wider GrubStreet community, and approach the work through a DEIA (diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility) lens
GrubStreet is an equal opportunity employer. We provide a competitive salary and benefits package and a dynamic, collaborative work environment. The salary range for this position is $45,000-50,000, commensurate with experience.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills required – both oral and written
· Strong organizational skills required
· Passion for working with numbers and supporting a staff behind-the-scenes
· Demonstrates GrubStreet’s commitment to anti-racism and equity in all communications and interactions with community members
· Skilled in Microsoft Office (Word and Excel)
· Willingness to learn and work well within a team environment
· 1-2 years’ experience with non-profit accounting or related experience a plus but not required
· Experience with Quickbooks a plus but not required
How To Apply: Please submit your resume and cover letter at this link:https://airtable.com/shr7iOIxjJZC4Foyp. If you have trouble or have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org put “Finance & HR Associate” in the subject line. We will begin interviewing candidates on April 26th, but applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis. No phone calls, please.
April 26, 2021
$45,000 - $50,000
About this Organization:
GrubStreet is the leading literary arts center in the country. We are a hardworking and creative bunch, and pride ourselves on a warm and supportive work environment. We believe that narrative transforms lives, builds bridges, and produces empathy. By rigorously developing voices of every type and talent
and by removing barriers to entry, GrubStreet fosters the creation of meaningful stories and ensures that excellent writing remains vital.