Art Teacher (Long-Term Substitute for Leave of Absence)
Teach art to high school students. This anticipated opening is a long-term substitute teaching position for a leave of absence from approximately May 7, 2021, to the end of the current school year and continuing for the first semester of the 2021-2022 school year, from August 30 to approximately November 5, 2021. The salary rate is $250 per day.
1. Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree preferred;
2. Degree (Major) in the teaching area, or a related field, preferred;
3. Massachusetts certification required;
4. Skills in teaching 2D art and ceramics or 2D art, metal work (or sculpture), and ceramics required;
5. Satisfactory, supervised experience within the last five years as a teacher, student teacher, intern, or apprentice in this discipline;
6. Outstanding academic record and letters of recommendation;
7. The ability to demonstrate: superior knowledge of this field, effective pedagogical skills, excellent communication skills, an enthusiasm for learning, and the desire to maximize the learning potential of all children;
8. Experience with diverse populations and commitment to Wayland’s goals of diversity and inclusion;
9. Possess those personal and professional characteristics necessary to carry out the responsibilities of the position.
How To Apply:
Please submit a resume and cover letter to Susan Memoli, K-12 Fine Arts Department Head, Susan_Memoli@waylandps.org.
April 16, 2021
$17,000 - $19,000
About this Organization:
The Wayland Schools in Wayland, Massachusetts, have long enjoyed a reputation for excellence. A relatively small system, just 19 miles west of Boston, of just over 2,700 students, the schools include one High School (9-12), one Middle School (6-8), and three elementary schools: Claypit Hill (K-5), Happy Hollow (K-5), and Loker (K-5). The school system administration includes a Superintendent of Schools, an Assistant Superintendent of Schools, a Director of Finance and Operations, a Director of Technology, a Director of Student Services, and an Assistant Director of Student Services. Please visit us online at www.wayland.k12.ma.us.