New Bedford Art Museum/ArtWorks! (NBAM) is in one of the most exciting and transformational times in the organization’s history. The Gallery and Administrative Assistant oversees, and/or performs a wide variety of technical, administrative, and program support activities on behalf of the NBAM to ensure organizational accuracy and streamlined processes.
As the Gallery and Administrative Assistant, you must present a professional, courteous, and friendly experience to museum patrons. The Assistant will work with the Art Museum’s staff to represent NBAM in an inclusive and accurate light while promoting the Museum’s mission and vision.
Deliver effective and efficient administrative support to the office of the Executive Director and staff. Ensure the efficient and smooth day-to-day operation of the NBAM’s and general office tasks.
The Assistant supports visitor services and the Museum Shop, front desk and gallery coverage, assisting with preparations for gallery exhibitions and programs, coordinating engagement supplies and materials related to exhibitions and education, update database records, support NBAM with assigned projects.
This part-time position 15 hours per week, this position reports directly to the Executive Director. The days, while allowing for flexibility and weekends, will be Mondays, Thursdays, and Fridays. The rate of pay will be $15 per hour. NBAM is an at-will employer. This position does not provide benefits.
As the Assistant, you must present a professional, courteous, and friendly experience to museum patrons. The responsibilities of the Assistant position are:
- Provide administrative oversight of memberships, program registrations, and correspondence in accordance with organizational policy and procedures
- Answers questions about the Museum’s programs, classes, and exhibitions
- Maintain and update constituent and organization accounts, programs, webforms and acknowledgments in Altru
- Work closely with Executive Director to process contributions, acknowledgments and receipts in a timely manner
- Manage mail and multiple email inboxes
- Distribute messages to staff and/or respond to phone/emails
- Create reports, queries, and exports for mailing lists, special projects, or data analytics, as requested
- Assist with paper and virtual mailings as needed
Knowledge and Experience:
- A high school diploma or equivalent. An Associate’s Degree or formal training n a related discipline is preferred.
- 1+ years of administrative experience, preferably in a museum or non-profit environment supporting a senior-level manager.
- Proficiency in Google Suites and MS Office Applications
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy and confidentiality.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Professional demeanor with the ability to work collaboratively with all divisions throughout NBAM; exhibit excellent customer service skills to both internal and external customers; ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Is regarded as credible and trustworthy with a track record of creating and working as a team member.
- Possesses superior interpersonal communication and presentation skills.