This part-time (12-14 hours per week) role is responsible for executing general support duties for the Senior Advisor for Civic Engagement and Strategic Partnerships. Candidate must be able to work independently in a fast paced and creative environment. The supervisor will provide general instructions and work priorities. The candidate will exercise judgment in establishing, selecting, and applying efficient procedures. This role may from time to time interact with other staff, faculty, and/or the general public on behalf of the Senior Advisor as it relates to engagement programming and partnerships.
1. Processes the day-to-day clerical, financial, record keeping needs of the Senior Advisor.
2. Gathers data and assists in preparing reports, as needed.
3. Acts as a liaison with faculty, staff members, students and the public, providing information for a particular area of responsibility, as needed.
4. The assistant may respond to general correspondence, as needed.
5. This individual will make appointments and maintain the Advisor’s daily calendar including specific instructions, meeting arrangements and materials, agendas, scheduling appropriate rooms and arranging equipment needs.
6. May assist in training, scheduling and distributing work of other staff members, students, casuals and temporary workers.
7. May maintain inventory and/or order office supplies.
8. Contributes to unit goals by accomplishing related duties as required.
Education:High school graduate or equivalent, preferably with some general business training beyond high school. One to two years related work experience preferred. Education beyond high school may count toward experience. May be tested on appropriate computer skills as required. Keyboarding speed (wpm) may be required as appropriate to job duties.
About this Organization:
The A.R.T. expands the boundaries of theater by transforming the ways in which work is developed, programmed, produced, and contextualized, always including the audience as a partner.