Tower Hill Botanic Garden believes
diversity in nature promotes a healthy, vigorous garden. We believe that
diversity among our staff promotes a healthy work environment and a vigorous
organization. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote regardless of
race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status,
and other protected status as required by applicable law. We believe in
diversity of race, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity,
national origin, ability, and all the other traits that make us unique. Tower
Hill is an equal opportunity employer.
Membership Coordinator coordinates the Society’s 8,000-member household base, processing
new and renewal memberships, and monitoring related benefits. They plan and
oversee membership programs. With direction from the Membership Manager, the
Coordinator develops membership materials, and implements strategies to recruit
and retain members. They are responsible for database entry and management, and
email and mailed correspondence as required. The Membership Coordinator will be
part of the Membership Team helping to generate creative and innovative ideas
for the Membership Program. The Membership Coordinator is also a member of the
Process all new and renewal memberships,
entering the information into customer relationship management (CRM) database.
Prepare Membership-related batch deposit reports for the Finance Department.
Process all necessary membership benefit information including the generation
of membership cards.
In coordination with the Membership Manager,
generate monthly renewal notices including electronic and paper mailings.
Assist with the planning of membership
activities and events in coordination with the Membership Manager.
With direction from the Membership Manager,
create membership materials for distribution and monitor all supply inventory.
Assist in the development of membership
acquisition initiatives and strategies to recruit new members and maintain
existing members. Growing membership is a responsibility shared with the Membership
Process membership related event registrations in
CRM. Maintain master registration lists for events. Perform other duties as assigned by the Membership
Manager and support a shared collaboration.
Local work-related travel (i.e., Post Office) to
support membership operations and Advancement Team.
Support philanthropic engagement
activities of the Advancement Department as needed.
The Membership Coordinator’s position is hourly and non-exempt from
overtime. The standard work schedule for
this position is 40 hours per week. The typical schedule is 8:30-5 with an
unpaid 30-minute lunch break. However,
the Coordinator is expected to be flexible and able to work weekends and
occasional evenings to support the work of the Membership Department. While the
work is generally performed inside, the Membership Coordinator may be asked to
assist with event management outside.
Leadership and Interpersonal Relations
· Strong organizational, time management, oral, and written communication skills.
· Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills, including the ability to build relationships and deal tactfully with members, volunteers, and staff.
· Ability to work with diverse groups and exercise cultural competence and inclusion.
· Communicates in a manner that gains the trust and support of others at all levels.
· Works effectively with others despite differences of opinion and style; builds alliances.
· Demonstrates a positive attitude and shows kindness in all workplace interactions.
· Makes decisions appropriate for level of responsibility.
· Can effectively adapt to change; can shift gears comfortably; is flexible, and embraces change with a “can-do” attitude.
· Is self-aware; knows personal strengths and weaknesses; seeks feedback and is open to negative feedback as an opportunity for improvement.
· Is cool under pressure; can be counted on to hold things together during tough times; can handle stress; is not knocked off balance by the unexpected; is a settling influence during a crisis.
· Recognizes problems, constructively identifies and articulates solutions.
· Follows safety guidelines to ensure a safe working environment and consistently demonstrates safe work behaviors.
· Demonstrated attention to detail.
· Ability to communicate well in person and in writing.
· Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a team.
· Working knowledge and experience with a CRM and 3-5 years non-profit experience, preferably in membership, highly desired.
· Associate or bachelor’s degree or relevant experience.
· Demonstrated ability to understand and manage a budget.
· Should be competent with MS Office products (Word, Excel, and Power Point), particularly in utilizing. mail merge functions.
· Should be comfortable learning online email software systems.
· Mustbeableto occasionallymove items up to25pounds.
· Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time.
· Must be able to frequently navigate uneven grounds and stairs.
· Must have a valid driver’s license and be comfortable with local travel.
Note:Thesehave been identified as essential functions as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act.
How To Apply:
please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
April 16, 2021
$35,000 - $39,000
About this Organization: