Locally and nationally, Boston Lyric Opera leads the way in celebrating one of the world’s great art forms through innovative programming and community engagement initiatives that redefine the opera-going experience. Now in its 44th Season, BLO is the largest and longest-lived opera company in New England. Since its founding the Company has staged world and U.S. premieres, and notable co-productions and co-commissions . It is a destination for leading artists, conductors, directors and designers from around the world.
REPORTS TO: Director of Administration
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Temporary Part –time, non-exempt, overtime eligible. Approximately 20 hours per week
Now through June, 30, 2021.
WORK LOCATION(S): BLO Main Office, Boston (temporarily remote)
BLO seeks an Administrative Coordinator to join our company and act as a point of contact for our employees and select vendors. The Administrative Coordinator will provide support to staff and ensure daily procedures run smoothly. Responsibilities include supporting regular office operations through calendar management, maintaining databases, facilitating the management of office technology, maintaining timely correspondence, and assisting with project management. The Administrative Coordinator will provide support to the Director of Administration and will work in collaboration with members of the Public Engagement and Production to assist with operations and support Company initiatives. The Administrative Coordinator will report to the Director of Administration.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
Administrative support to Director of Administration
- • Track expense and reimbursement monthly American Express activity for the Administration Department
- • Schedule meetings and prepare meeting materials in coordination with the Director of Administration; issue invitations and provide technology support as needed
- • Assist with IT Vendor Transition and serve as a co-point of contact for the IT Vendor
- • Co-manage Company technology resources and secure maintenance as needed
- • Manage and order office supplies as needed
- • Prepare presentations, spreadsheets and reports as assigned
- • Undertake and manage research projects as identified by the Director of Administration
- • Assist with communications to and management of the Health Task for Opera Artists
- • Research and maintain documentation of current COVID-19 guidelines as set forth by the State of Massachusetts and the City of Boston
- • Collaborate with the Public Engagement and Production Staff on the compilation and creation of COVID-19 guidelines and protocols for rehearsals, performances, recordings and other projects as needed
- • Manage the distribution of the COVID-19 guidelines to key stakeholders
- • Assist with maintaining the administrative database for accounts and log ins for vendors
- • Maintain asset tracking data and inventory
- • Company digital documents into updated filing systems
- • Track, organize, and archive, media, Company and industry news items as needed
- • Track and record data tasks in Tessitura as needed
- • Supporting employees by facilitating interdepartmental communications and interactions between internal and external parties.
- • Update office policies relating to Administration and Technology as needed
- • Maintain the Company calendar in ArtsVision in collaboration with the Public Engagement and Production Departments
- • Co-manage company-wide use of Basecamp to track all projects
- • Maintain Company staffing calendar for vacation and holidays
- • Track, archive, and communicate media, Company and industry news items as needed
Compensation based on experience and ranges from $16-$19/hour.
- • Demonstrated excellence in an administrative support position or similar for 1-2 years
- • Exceptional interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills
- • Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple projects in a remote work environment with digital projects. Ability to proactively and independently drive projects forward
- • Strong proficiency with office technology and equipment, including computers, printers, copiers, and AV equipment. Thorough knowledge of Windows and Mac OS, Microsoft Office Suite 365 and Zoom phone and video administration ideal
- • Ability to analyze information logically, drawing on one’s knowledge and experience base and proactively seeking new resources as necessary to generate appropriate and/or creative solutions
- • Highly organized and able to create an organized and easy-to-follow system for others
- • Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
- • Demonstrated excellence in the administrative support field
- • High School Diploma or equivalent, Bachelor’s Degree ideal, but not required
The workflow varies greatly throughout the year, with work time demands potentially expanding beyond the part time work schedule. The Director of Administration will collaborate with the Administrative Coordinator to determine priorities in order to manage the demands and workflow of the position.
How To Apply:
Local candidates only, please. Submit your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to: Director of Administration at Recruiting@blo.org
BLO values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran’s status or any other protected category. BLO is an equal opportunity employer.
About this Organization:
in 1976, Boston Lyric Opera is recognized for its artistically excellent
productions of a diverse repertoire that entertain and inspire audiences and
feature emerging operatic talent. BLO’s programs are funded, in part, by a
grant from the Massachusetts Cultural Council and the National Endowment for
Lyric Opera is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will
receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected
veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Women, candidates
of color, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.