The Printmaking Studio Manager is responsible for the smooth, safe and efficient running of workshops and for daily maintenance of studio and grounds. Studios require quick breakdowns and set ups between classes with attention to the detailed requirements of each class including the number of students. Classes change every week and studio managers must anticipate new requirements and understand how all equipment works. Studios open at 8:45 a.m. and close at 5:00, staff ideally work on staggering 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. and 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (times will vary depending on evening workshops). The printmaking studio is at our Edgewood Farm campus.
- Responsible for preparing the studios and grounds in anticipation of the summer season
- Studio manager to other workshops at the Edgewood Farm Campus
- Responsible for ordering materials and supplies
- Preparing studios for each workshop, cleaning up after use, closing down at the end of the day
- Assisting the faculty, checking attendance, and generally monitoring each class
- Maintaining equipment and supervising its use
- Enforcing universal and safety precautions as described by Director
- Keeping grounds in order and all public spaces, i.e. bathrooms, landscaping, parking
- Assisting with openings and events as planned, being part of the team.
- Cleaning, inventory and closing the studios at the end of the season
- Assisting the director as needed
- Helping during the Encaustic Conference at the end of May / June
- Assisting in workshops at Edgewood Farm as needed
- May - September 2022