The Advancement Associate is responsible for providing support
services for the Advancement Department, including maintaining the
development database, processing contributions and donor acknowledgement
letters, and assisting with special events.
The Advancement Associate reports to the Senior Manager of Events and
Operations and is responsible for, but not limited to the following
- Oversee the development database and gift processing to maintain accurate, timely, and thorough development records
- Maintain the gift processing and acknowledgement process, monthly
billing/invoicing process, and donor recognition preferences in
- Prepare, reconcile and generate weekly development reports and
monthly reconciliation with finance department, including the weekly
revenue and thank you call reports
- Track and reconcile departmental expenses and inventory, including departmental subscriptions
- Provide support in donor research and screening projects
- Provide general support for 10-12 Celebrity Series events annually,
including the SHINE! Gala and online auction. Duties will include:
generating invitation lists, tracking RSVPs, coordinating web and
printed marketing pieces, and supporting the online auction.
- Oversee coordination and proofing of Advancement print
communications, including weekly program listings and Advancement
- Advance, coordinate, and staff all Patron Lounges at Celebrity Series Special Events
- Contribute new ideas and/or initiatives related to all fundraising activities
- Provide general support for the Senior Manager of Events and Operations
- Embrace and constantly assess Celebrity Series’ commitment to be an anti-racist organization
This is a 40 hours per week, non-exempt position with benefits such
as health insurance, retirement plan, short/long-term disability, and
vacation/sick time. The Celebrity Series of Boston, Inc. is an equal
opportunity employer and welcomes applications from candidates
demonstrating diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion,
ethnicity, and national origin. Celebrity Series is committed to
creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion,
respect and integrity, artist and audience focus, and innovation.
The offices of Celebrity Series are located at 20 Park Plaza, Suite
1032, Boston, MA. All work is currently being conducted remotely and
expected to continue through at least June 30, 2021. Remote work is
expected to remain a partial component of the work environment,
especially in the 2021-2022 season as new (to Celebrity Series) venues
are utilized. Strong preference will be given to employees who live
in/around the Boston area.
- Bachelor’s degree or commensurate work experience in development or customer service
- Highly organized, self-motivated with strong written and verbal skills
- Ability to work on multiple fronts and meet frequent deadlines
- Creative and strategic thinker with an ability to manage and present relevant financial information
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- CRM database experience is a plus
- Some night and weekend work is required
How To Apply:
Please submit a resume and cover letter to
email@example.com. Please reference in the subject line:
Advancement Associate Application.
February 19, 2021
$30,000 - $35,000
About this Organization:
With a mission to present
performing artists who inspire and enrich our community, Celebrity Series,
founded in 1938, has become a mainstay of Boston’s cultural life by bringing a
widening spectrum of performers to Boston’s major concert halls. Celebrity
Series presents over 70 mainstage performances in 8 to 10 different venues, and
over 150 community engagement activities annually. Celebrity Series’ audiences
experience the world’s great orchestras, chamber ensembles and soloists, and
leading artists in contemporary dance, jazz, world, and folk music, and spoken
word. Alongside mainstage performances, Celebrity Series’ Arts for All!
community engagement programs connect with a dynamic network of hundreds of
community collaborators, reaching thousands of individuals annually, through
150+ activities. During the COVID-19 pandemic, performances have been live
streamed (free and paid) through its website as Celebrity Series @ Home.
While initially pursued as a response to the shutdown of live performances,
streamed content will remain an important and complementary strategy when live,
in-person performances return. Learn more at www.celebrityseries.org.
The Celebrity Series of Boston, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from candidates demonstrating diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, and national origin. Celebrity Series is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, artist and audience focus, and innovation.