This part-time position (2 ½ days a week or 18 hours a week) will assist with all financial transactions that occur in the course of Chesterwood’s daily business, including processing invoices, producing contracts, tracking receipts and payables, including all Gift Shop purchases and sales. This position will prepare revenue reconciliation reports, process invoices within the accounts payable system of the National Trust, enter receivables into Chesterwood’s register system, reconcile Chesterwood’s local bank account, prepare monthly financial reports, and track expenses against operating budgets, special project budgets, grants and contracts, raising any questions or discrepancies for review by the director or business operations manager.
This position must learn and gain a full understanding of Chesterwood’s finances, including but not limited to the following, to be handled on a daily, weekly, monthly or annual basis as described below: cost centers, revenue and expense codes for each site activity, balance sheet accounts, invoice procedures, contracts processes, tracking and reporting use of donor restricted grant funds and contributions, and working with staff to confirm fair market value of fundraising events to inform attendees and record revenue.
Review daily mail and email for paper and emailed receipts or payables.
Code invoices with a budget line number and get signed approval from Executive Director
Monitor website back end (Square Space) for incoming commerce (Gift Shop/Memberships) and donations (Annual Appeal)
Run a report in online booking system (Fareharbor) to track admissions/parking pass income and fees
Record and reconcile daily receipts in TAM register system.
Retrieve paper receipts, cash and checks from the Gift Shop safe
Reconcile receipts and make a bank deposit (Berkshire Bank) at least one time per week
Bring large bills to bank to make smaller change for the registers
Enter all invoices into Unit 4 accounting system with appropriate backup (contracts, notes on revenue to cover cost, etc.) and track for electronic approvals
Coordinate petty cash account, track receipts and balance
Ensure that all programmatic use of shop items is recorded appropriately as interoffice sales
Track Gift Shop purchases and sales, order new inventory as appropriate
Update the TAM user interface when applicable
Enter all donations/memberships in to CRM report
Interface with vendors in receiving appropriate EFT forms and W9’s
Produce a Receipt and Deposit Report
- Reconcile Receipts and Deposits report to Berkshire Bank statement; ensure proper coding for receipts; reconcile with TAM
- Produce a Cost of Goods report based on Gift Shop sales each month
- Reconcile monthly Bank of America credit card statements, ensuring appropriate coding and backup, and submit monthly
- Assist Executive Director as needed in preparing and reviewing monthly dashboards, variance reports, and forecast reports by entering required data
- Review monthly financial statements to confirm appropriate coding and submit journal entry requests as needed to correct errors
- Reconcile deferred revenue account with site staff to confirm that special property use (site rental) records match what is in the general ledger
- Reconcile petty cash account monthly and submit reimbursement to Unit 4
- Obtain appropriate records to record value of donated services/goods in the general ledger and submit to HQ for recording
- Assist with budget preparation by helping to compare previous year data to budget and flagging items needing adjustment
- Complete fiscal year end journal entries, receivables, accrual worksheet, etc.
Other duties as assigned