What We Seek:
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for maintaining an organized and effective work environment and for assisting with
administrative tasks as needed. The ideal candidate will be a highly organized individual who supports and understands our
organizational mission. S/he will be able to work independently on several tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
General Administration – Field phone inquiries, respond to general info emails, keep track of vendor files, greet walk-ins, perform
student database updates & file organization as needed and support the updating and organization for the server. Provide general
administrative support for Administrative and Programmatic leadership team.
Financial Support – Distribute parent bills and help to ensure that all parents remain current with payments. Communicate with
external bookkeeper as needed.
Resource Development – Coordinate volunteer inquiries and support volunteer recruitment and support individual donor email and
snail mail campaigns as needed.
Facilities – Coordinate space rentals and rental outreach. Maintain reception desk and lobby area and coordinate common area
bulletin boards and gallery displays.
Program Support – Greet students upon arrival and support student sign in process, handle program inquires and maintain a positive
and friendly environment in the lobby area. Update program calendar and help with paper files.
- Professional experience in administration
- Adequate writing & editing skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work with communities of various cultural backgrounds
- Superior customer service & interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and File Maker Database
- Solid work ethic with proven reliability & dependability
- Ability to work independently & as part of a team
- Common sense and a sense of humor are a must
- Verifies data for accuracy; maintains low error rate/insignificant errors
- Bilingual candidates preferred ( especially English and: Haitian Creole, Spanish or Portuguese)
- Ability to work Monday through Friday, 12pm to 6pm
How To Apply:
Please send a formal cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org Attn: Administrative AssistantCommunity Art Center is an equal opportunity employer.
Due to the anticipated high volume of responses only qualified candidates will be contacted.
September 15, 2019
$15 to $17 an hour
About this Organization:
The Community Art Center is a comprehensive after school arts education organization for children and teens living in Area Four, Cambridge. Our mission is to nurture children and young adults with limited access to financial resources so they achieve personal and cultural growth and have a positive impact on their world through joyful experiences in the arts. We provide year-round after school programs for over 100 youth annually who live primarily in Washington Elms/Newtowne Court public housing. An additional 700 youth and adults participate as audience members at our public screenings and workshops. Our signature project is the “Do It Your Damn Self!!” National Youth Video and Film Festival, began in 1996 and is the oldest youth-produced and curated festival in the country. DIYDS brings the work of hundreds of youth filmmakers to Cambridge every year.