Human Resources Business Partner, Hiring and Compensation
Reporting to the Director of Human Resources and supporting over 250 year-round employees and over 600 seasonal employees at our properties across the Commonwealth, the Human Resources Business Partner for Hiring and Compensationis responsible for a wide array of functions but will have a primary focus on talent acquisition. The Hiring and Compensation Business Partner will oversee the recruiting, hiring and onboarding process, but will also provide support in HRIS administration, employee relations, benefits, compliance matters and specialprojects, depending upon the needs of the department.
In the human resources department at The Trustees we strive for excellence always and we work with enthusiasm and dedication to:
Attract, develop, and retain stellar employees
Provide competitive compensation for staff, including strong benefit packages
Provide robust professional development and training opportunities
Build an environment of engagement and empowerment
The human resources department is comprised of a Director of Human Resources, Human Resources Business Partner (Hiring and Compensation), Human Resources Business Partner (Operations and Employee Relations), Human Resources Representative,and a Seasonal Hiring Assistant who joins the team annually March through July.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
Hiring and Compensation Focus
For select positions, the Hiring and Compensation Business Partner will:
- Work with hiring managers to create recruiting and hiring strategies with a focus on creating a diverse candidate pool of top talent
- Provide support in writing and reviewing job descriptions
- Work with the Director of Human Resources to establish compensation ranges
- Provide coaching, guidance, and recommendations to hiring managers throughout the recruitment and hiring process
- Optimize online recruiting resources such as LinkedIn and in-house ATS to help identify and recruit the best candidates, to create efficiencies, and to create and report metrics
- Recruit and screen candidates and conduct phone and in-person interviews
- Prepare formal offers of employment
- Oversee, support, and participate in the employee onboarding process and beyond to help establish a successful employment experience
- Manage Predictive Index system and provide support to managers in best practices for use in hiring process
- Provide periodic interviewing skills training and coaching to hiring managers to help ensure optimal hiring decisions and a positive new hire experience
- Update and maintain HR database of job descriptions and maintain positions in the HRIS system
General Human Resources Support
- Work closely with managers and employees to foster positive work relationships, promote high level of morale, and increase productivity and retention
- Identify training and/or coaching needs for departments, functional areas, and individuals
- Provide support as needed in the area of Employee Benefits, including employee leaves of absence (e.g. FMLA, STD, LTD) and assistance in open enrollment process
- Provide support as needed in the area of Employee Relations, including performance management guidance
- Serve as a general resource for staff regarding questions about benefits, policies and general HR information
- With other HR team members and Finance Office, ensure accurate biweekly payroll, especially for new hires
- With other HR team members, overseeWorker’s Compensation program, which includes overseeing the reporting of claims, ensuring the OSHA log is maintained, collaborating with vendor on safety issues, and compliance reporting
- With other HR team members, ensure compliance with all state and Federal benefit and employment regulations
- Assist in setting and monitoring departmental budget
- Other duties and projects as assigned with or without accommodation
The HR Business Partner must gracefully respond to shifting priorities, have a high level of focus, and effectively manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
- BA/BS in human resources, business management or related field, or equivalent knowledge/experience
- Minimum 5 years of prior experience in Human Resources
- Knowledge ofmultiple human resource disciplines, such as compensation practices, employee relations, diversity, performance management
- Knowledge of state and Federal laws and regulations relative to HR management
- High level of professionalism, tact, discretion and diplomacy required for dealing with personnel at all levels of the organization; ability to maintain confidentiality
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint); experience with payroll and HRIS systems
- Strong customer service skills along with strong written and oral communication skills
- High aptitude for detail with commitment to accuracy and follow-through
This position requires occasional evening and weekend work as job duties demand. Travel to other Trustees’ work sites in Massachusetts is required.
About The Trustees of Reservations
The Trustees of Reservations is one of Massachusetts’ largest non-profits and the nation’s first conservation and preservation organization. Today, the places we care about are going fast, and the forces undermining them, including climate change, are moving faster. Our passion is to protect and share with everyone the irreplaceable natural and cultural treasures under our care. We have helped protect more than 50,000 acres, including 26,000+ acres on 118 reservations that are all open to the public.We are a nonprofit 501(c)3 conservation organization funded and supported entirely by our visitors, supporters, donors, volunteers, and more than 60,000 household members.
Trustees President & CEO Barbara Erickson has been featured in the “Top 100” Women-Led Organizations in Massachusetts for five consecutive years.
In addition to being an Equal Opportunity Employer, The Trustees of Reservations aims to create a thriving, inclusive workplace that values each member of its team. We aspire to reflect and effectively serve the residents and communities of Massachusetts who are at the core of our mission.
The Trustees is a signer of the Boston Women’s Workforce Council and a Member of the Boston College Center for Work and Family.
Benefits and Salary
The Trustees offers competitive salaries and the opportunity to be part of a dedicated team across the Commonwealth who love the outdoors, who love the distinctive charms of New England, and who believe in celebrating and protecting our special places, for everyone, forever.
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance, with employer health and dental premium contributions ranging from 75% - 85% based on plan level
- Fully paid life and disability insurance
- Traditional and Roth 401(k) retirement accounts available for employees to contribute to upon hire and a 5% employer match after one year of employment
- Three weeks of vacation time in the first year of employment, as well as 10 sick days, two personal days, 12 Holidays and one floating holiday per year
- Four weeks of Paid Parental Leave following the birth or adoption of a child, after one year of employment
- Day of Service:provides one day per year when each staff member works in a division and location other than their own in a fun group project such as clearing trails, painting fences, planting seedlings or bulbs, organizing archival documents, reinforcing beach shorebird fences, or making phone calls to thank donors
- Day of Wonder: provides one workday to explore the wonders of any of our Trustees properties
We kindly request that you do not call to inquire about the status of your application. Those candidates chosen for interviews will be contacted.
December 20, 2019
About this Organization:
The Trustees of Reservations is one of Massachusetts’ largest non-profits and the nation’s first conservation and preservation organization. We preserve and protect places of natural, scenic and historic beauty and hold these “reservations” in “trust” for public use and enjoyment. Our passion is to improve the quality of life in the Commonwealth, using our properties and their many programs as a powerful and compelling platform to engage more residents and visitors in our mission-driven work. We believe in protecting the irreplaceable forever, for everyone. Today, we care for 117 special reservations -- from beaches to farms, gardens and historic sites – within minutes of every resident. Funded and supported entirely by our nearly 2 million visitors and supporters, and more than 60,000 member households, we invite you to find your place.