The Brookline Arts Center
(BAC) is seeking one Summer Teaching Assistant Intern for the Summer of 2019 for our ArtVentures children's program.
The BAC’s popular
ArtVentures program for children blends fun with learning through a balance of
structured projects, creative expression and play. We promote artistic
exploration while developing technique and critical-thinking skills. Each
week’s theme is explored through a variety of mediums and imaginative projects.
Students have three breaks during the day to explore our beautiful park, play
on the connecting playground or participate in a game with their peers. Our
weekly programs culminate in an art show designed to showcase and celebrate
each child’s artistic accomplishments.
One teaching assistant intern is needed from 11:00am-2:00pm on
the below dates:
June 17-21 (Monday-Friday)
June 24-28 (Monday-Friday)
July 1-3 (Monday-Wednesday)
July 8-12 (Monday-Friday)
August 12-16 (Monday-Friday)
August 19-23 (Monday-Friday)
August 26-30 (Monday-Friday)
Teaching Assistant Interns will be responsible for:
· Supporting the lead teacher in the classroom.
· Greeting children and families.
· Interacting with and engaging children in activities.
· Understanding the plan for the class so that you can help, step in, foster children’s engagement, etc.
· Maintaining studio/classroom cleanliness and organization
Information regarding the
themes for these weeks can be found here: