Financial Aid Director
We are currently seeking a Financial Aid Director to join our team. Opening is immediate. In this position you will be responsible for all aspects of determining, processing and overseeing student financial aid in a one-person financial aid department for a clock-hour career-training program. This position is also responsible for ensuring compliance of financial aid policies and procedures with institutional, federal, state and accreditation regulations and guidelines and overseeing the accurate and timely calculation and disbursement scheduling of student financial aid. Small, friendly office environment. 24 hours per week; Flexible hours possible. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. PLEASE INCLUDE SALARY REQUIREMENTS WITH RESUME.Primary/Essential Duties:
- Comply with all Federal, State, accreditation and institutional policies and procedures.
- Carry out leadership responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies, procedures and applicable laws.
- Administration of Title IV program.
- Ensure Federal, State, accreditation, and institutional guidelines for student enrollment and financial aid eligibility are met.
- Advise students and parents in a thorough, complete and customer-service manner to determine financial aid needs/options. Communicate financial aid opportunities, procedures, school policies and eligibility requirements for aid. Must have the ability to interact with students and parents calmly and graciously under difficult situations and be capable of explaining complex and confusing regulations to students and parents.
- Present information to small and large groups of students and parents on the financial aid process at various on- campus, and when necessary, off-campus events (establish and lead financial aid information sessions).
- Award, manage and oversee all financial aid awards for all students receiving aid at the institution, which includes determining and reviewing financial aid eligibility and the communication of awards directly to the students via email.
- Monitor student financial aid process to ensure financial aid packages are established and conveyed accurately and that funds are disbursed in timely manner.
- Originate and process Title IV Direct Loan and private student and parent loans.
- Originate and process all Veteran's Funding and Vocational Rehabilitation funding through the VA.
- Originate and process all Tuition Options loans.
- Collaborate with Admissions Office to review applicant pool and coordinate outreach regarding financial aid information and advising availability.
- Interaction with Bursar's/Business Office, students and parents to assist in reconciling students' charges and credits.
- Process timely and accurate aid adjustments for non-returnees, including R2T4 Calculation(s) for submission to the business office for processing, for students with enrollment changes throughout the academic year.
- Establish, update, review and maintain all student and institutional financial aid records and files for the school.
- Perform and keep records of all "entrance/ exit" loan counseling and default management documentation.
- Ensure timely disbursements of federal funds to students according to Federal, State, accreditation, and institutional regulations.
- Interact with outside agencies including the US DOE, State, Accrediting Agency, lenders and guaranty agencies.
- Perform, monitor and maintain electronic data entry, retrieval & reconciliation of all financial aid funds.
- Maintain required federal & state certifications to ensure job capability and employment eligibility.
- Responsible for (financial aid) accounts receivable and bad debt management.
- Responsible for calculating and communicating tuition owed after financial aid is disbursed and anytime changes in student awards occur.
- Take appropriate measures to minimize default rate (entrance interview, exit interview, student and graduate communication and default management program).
- Compile all data for and complete required reporting and department quality control activities and measures.
- Determine and communicate annual Cost of Attendance budgets internally and across necessary financial aid platforms.
- Calculate, establish and update as needed student financial aid stipends on internal student accounts/student financial aid processing system, CampusNexus Student.
- Alert business office manager to changes in student financial aid and/or stipend schedules and coordinate with the business office during billing periods, etc. to provide accurate account detail to students and their families.
Qualifications:Associate's degree or comparable work experience required. Bachelor's degree with coursework in math, business, finance, auditing or accounting strongly preferred.At least 5 years of experience working in a financial aid department of an accredited career school, college or university with direct responsibility for determining, calculating, advising on and awarding of Title IV aid programs and private loan programs. Knowledge of and experience with clock hour programs preferred.Knowledge of Federal & State loan and grant programs; experience with work-study; experience with VA funding.Experience completing Return to Title IV (R2T4) calculations.Experience with EDExpress, NSLDS, ED Connect, COD, MassAid, and VAOnce required.Experience with CampusNexus Student and Tuition Options preferred.Ability to build productive relationships with all departments involved in the student enrollment process.Computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite.Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.Ability to work independently.Detail-oriented and a problem solver; ability to research problems and provide resolutions.Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload.Must not be debarred from Title IV programs, and not in default on any Title IV student loan.
How To Apply:
Email cover letter, resume and salary requirements to: email@example.com.
February 15, 2019
About this Organization:
New England School of Photography (NESOP) offers a two-year Professional Photography Program for those serious about pursuing a career in photography. The clock-hour career-training program balances the technical, artistic and business aspects of photography to prepare graduates for success in the industry. NESOP also offers avocational workshops for hobbyists, photography enthusiasts and professionals. In business for over 50 years, NESOP was a staple in Kenmore Square before moving to its current, expanded location in Waltham, MA in 2017.