Liberty Ride Coordinator
Under the general supervision of the Visitors Center Manager, the Liberty Ride Coordinator manages
the operations of Lexington tours and programs, including the Liberty Ride trolley, Battle Green tour
program, and private charter tours. This is a customer facing role, suited for a person with an interest in
history, a collaborative spirit and sales experience.
- This position includes marketing, social media,
payroll, and administrative work.
- Ensures the smooth function and operation of the Liberty Ride during the season (April – October),
provide necessary marketing, promotion and administrative functions and manage the charter business
- Conducts overall marketing efforts to promote the Town of Lexington, in particular the Liberty Ride
sightseeing tour and Battle Green Guide program.
- In conjunction with the Economic Development
Office assist in developing and implementing a social media marketing strategy for the Liberty Ride and
other tourist services.
- Manages online ticket system and process resulting revenue. Maintains and expands tourism
partnerships to increase ticket sales.
- Handles all day to day financial transactions including depositing all receipts, credit card reconciliation,
and submitting hours for payroll. Recruits staff, train new guides, and manage work schedule for the guides to ensure adequate coverage.
- Recruit and train ticket sales staff. May serve as a tour guide for a few shifts per week and is available to cover shifts and charter tours as
- Works with the transportation provider to ensure that the trolley and charter buses are available when
needed and report any equipment repair needs to them or takes action if they do not arrive in a timely
- Available five days per week, including weekends with a flexible schedule mid-March through mid-November.
- Set weekly schedule to ensure supervision
daily throughout the operating season.
- Period clothing must be worn at all times by all tour service
providers when tasks involve interacting with visitors. Clothing will be provided.
1) Sales and marketing experience 2) Detail oriented 3) Excellent communication skills 4) Tour guide /public speaking experience 5) Familiar with or able to learn basic web editing skills, Constant Contact,
FareHarbor ticket software 6) Personable, cheerful personality 7) Social media experience 8) Willingness to wear period clothing 9) Knowledge of Lexington, colonial, and revolutionary history in general, or
willingness to learn 10) Understanding of Lexington businesses that serve tourists or willing to learn 11) Availability 5 days per week on a flexible schedule mid-March through midNovember, including weekends as well as some evenings. Availability during the
rest of the year for marketing and attending tradeshows, as needed. 12) Experience with tour operations 13) Financial management and reporting capabilities and ability to handle large
amounts of cash 14) Theatrical experience helpful 15) Management experience 16) Ability to safely and confidently operate tools and equipment necessary to
perform duties, particularly cell phones and computers and an online ticketing
How To Apply:
applicants are required to complete a Town application form, available from the
Internet at https://www.lexingtonma.gov/human-resources/pages/employment-town, emailing email@example.com or calling (781)
698-4590 or by visiting the Human Resources Department.
Resumes may be attached to the application
form as additional information, but cannot serve as a substitute for completing
the required application form.
The Town reserves the right to modify the
application deadline, and/or accept applications after the deadline, to best
serve the interest of the community.
applications will be reviewed and the most highly qualified candidates will be
invited to one or more interviews. All
applicants will be notified of their standing in the process as soon as a
decision has been made regarding their individual application.
Prior to appointment, the final candidate may
be required to “pass” a CORI check.
who need accommodations in order to participate in this process should contact
the Human Resources Department.
regarding this hiring process should be addressed to the:
Resources Department, Town of Lexington
1625 Massachusetts Avenue
February 15, 2019
$24.29 per hour
About this Organization:
The Town of Lexington welcomes approximately 120,000 visitors annually from around the world. Visitor Services staff welcome all visitors, provide information, and assist with informational tours.