Second Hand/Stitcher assistant
This is an entry-level position with either part-time or
full-time option with flexible days and hours.
Job responsibilities include:
-Hand sewing work – attaching, re-attaching lace, beading,
hooks & eyes, closing up linings, finishing tacks, bustles, and other
- Preparing garments for the next step of sewing/
alterations – taking seams apart, taking off lace/beads, etc.
- Simple machine sewing (training provided) – hems, sides,
- Assisting the stitcher with fittings and other customer
support (answering phone calls, scheduling appointments, managing workflow)
- General maintenance of the store – decorating and changing
the front window display, vacuuming, dusting, etc.
-Must have basic hand sewing and machine sewing skills
(machine threading, knowledge of how to attach snaps, hooks & eyes, press
and steam, etc.)
- Must enjoy the work of sewing and creating
- Must enjoy working with people and have solid
interpersonal skills (command of English language is required)
- Must be open to
learning new skills
- Positive disposition and optimistic outlook on life is
How To Apply:
please email your resume, availability and desired pay range to Zoya@zoyadesigns.com
March 13, 2021
$25,000 - $30,000
About this Organization:
Zoya Designs is a Boston's local fashion boutique dedicated to an outstanding client service and personal approach. We are warmly loved on YELP and have growing amount of loyal clientele.
We perform most kinds of sewing projects, from alterations to custom design and sewing classes, and everything in between. We have a very busy bridal season during summer, and we work with a good amount of ballroom dancers and local folks who just need simple (or not so simple) stuff done.