Part Time Museum Store Sales Associate (0517)
Title:Part Time Museum Store Sales Associate (0517)
Reports to: Museum Store Director
Type of Position:Approximately 20 hours per week; hourly/non-exempt
Gift at the Gardner, a unique destination spot within the visual splendor of the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum, inspires the senses with products that reflect the Museum’s cornerstones: the historical collection, contemporary art, music, landscape, and education. The Sales Associate will partner with the Store Manager and colleagues to provide service and information to Gift at the Gardner visitors and customers. The Sales Associate will be knowledgeable about the products presented, fluent in the services that the Museum has to offer, and will promote the Museum’s mission, exhibitions, programs and special events. As a representative of the Museum, the Sales Associate will maintain the highest level of courtesy and service to the visiting public.
- Prepare store for daily opening and closing in a safe and efficient manner; count cash drawers, ensure POS equipment is properly working, replenish back stock of product and supplies (including shopping bags, tissue, bubble wrap and other materials)
- Attend daily Flash Meetings at 10:30am in Museum Lobby to learn more about the daily schedule for tour groups, introductory talks, special events, etc.
- Warmly greet customers as they enter the store; courteously offer assistance
- Assist customers with purchase selections; respond to customer requests and inquiries
- Accurately carry out all Point of Sale (POS) transactions to maintain the integrity of the inventory; maintain a neat and orderly POS station
- Assist with special orders both in-person and over the phone, with accurate knowledge of shipping policies and gift wrapping
- Remain knowledge about store products, daily activities throughout the Museum, memberships, and other information to assist visitors with heir Museum experience; provide accurate artist and production information to customers
- Maintain merchandise displays and store appearance; dust and clean all shelves, cabinets, and products
- Assist in ensuring the selling floor is fully stocked and remains in a condition that is visually inspiring
- Remain knowledgeable about store sales goals and actively participate in achieving those goals
- Assist with annual inventory count
- Assist with occasional phone orders
- Assist in setting up for special events and special sales
- Assist Store Manager in administrative activities related to store operations
- Other duties as required or directed by Store Manager
- Outstanding customer service background
- Prior professional retail sales experience; prior luxury goods experience a plus
- Ability to work well in a team environment; exceptional interpersonal skills
- Proactive; able to multi-task and prioritize
- Reliable and prompt
- Comfortable and competent working with numbers/figures
- Familiarity with POS systems
- Ability to safely lift up to 40 pounds; ability to climb ladders
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Available to work store schedule, including some evening and weekend hours; ability to maintain work schedule through the month of December
How To Apply:
Join our dedicated, talented team of employees, interns and volunteers, who are passionate about the work they do to support the Museum's mission. To apply for this position, please use our online application. This is our preferred application method: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/Recruiting/Jobs/Details/6405
We often review applications on a rolling basis once a position has been posted. If you are particularly interested in an open position, we recommend submitting your application sooner than the stated deadline, if possible, to ensure consideration for the position
The Gardner Museum is committed to affording equal opportunities to qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disabilities, marital status or sexual orientation. Candidates of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
We receive many resumes and kindly request that you do not call to inquire about the status of your application. Those candidates chosen for interviews will be contacted.
June 27, 2017
About this Organization:
The Museum was the creation of Isabella Stewart Gardner (1840-1924) 'for the education and enjoyment of the public forever.' Since opening to the public in 1903, the Gardner has served as a center for ideas and life-long learning in its community - a tradition that is kept alive today through an array of interpretive, creative, educational, horticultural, artistic and scholarly programs.