In addition to its life as an intimate art gallery, Gallery 263 is also a listening room that is proud to feature regional and touring acoustic acts of all genres. We host anywhere from 2-7 concerts per month. These shows typically take place on Thursday-Saturday between 7:30 and 10:30PM, with occasionally Sunday matinee or early evening shows. Applicants MUST be able to commit to running at least three shows monthly. Running shows at Gallery 263 is a terrific way to see some great music and meet some talented local artists!
In addition, our calendar is full of special events, including gallery fundraisers, artist receptions, film festivals, storytelling, stand-up comedy and open mic sessions. The Music and Special Events Intern will help to bring in new visitors and keep these programs running smoothly.
Hours for this internship position are flexible, and can range between 5 and 10 hours per week. The term of this internship is roughly September-December 2019, but may begin or end earlier depending on applicants' needs
• Running music shows (greeting musicians, preparing the gallery, collecting admission donations, closing down the gallery at the end of the evening)
• Assisting as available at special events
• Working with our Music Manager to gather information about our musicians to add to social media content and posts (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.)
• Publicizing events via social media and online listings calendars in coordination with our Communications Manager
• Posting physical flyers around town to promote events