The Boston Tea Party Ships & Museum will begin holding auditions for historical interpreters/actors for positions to begin as soon as possible. Must be available to work weekends and holidays.
Interviews are by appointment only and will be conducted using Zoom video conferencing technology.
Full-time and part-time positions are available. Positions would begin training in mid-February following a mandatory pre-employment drug screening. Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic and adjusted restrictions in the city of Boston, The Boston Tea Party Ships & Museum has been closed since December 16, 2020. Our current museum schedule is Thurs-Sun, 10am-4pm.
The Boston Tea Party Ships & Museum is dedicated to
reliving the historic night of the Boston Tea Party. Our museum includes a
blend of live historical performance with technology and multimedia
presentations including the award-winning documentary, Let It Begin Here. We
are also the proud home of the Robinson Half-Chest, the only known
surviving tea chest from the Boston Tea Party of 1773. The Boston Tea Party
Ships & Museum is a floating nautical environment, featuring two
fully-restored 18th century sailing vessels, the ship Eleanor and the brig Beaver.
Visit bostonteapartyships.com for further information!
The Boston Tea Party Ships & Museum has taken the following steps to comply with state safety standards as outlined for phased business reopening:
Employees and guests will be required to wear face masks and practice social distancing while on museum property.
Additional safety protocols have been instituted throughout public and staff spaces, including social distancing signs and indicators, additional hand sanitizing stations as well as increased cleaning and disinfecting protocols with a focus on high-touch areas.
All staff has/will receive(d) additional social distance and hygiene protocol training.
As a member of our cast, you will serve as a Host to our guests, dress in historical costume, and portray a historical character while leading guests through the museum experience.
- Each actor will perform multiple roles on site.
- Must be available to work on weekends and holidays.
- Some evening hours will be available for special events/programs/rehearsals, once local and state guidelines allow.
- Friendly/outgoing dispositions expected. We pride ourselves on giving unrivaled customer service and have built a great reputation not only locally, but internationally.
- Must be comfortable working with and leading large groups of people. Must be able to work in all weather scenarios as you WILL be outside for most of your day.
- Prior performance experience and an interest in revolutionary war era history strongly preferred.
- Mandatory pre-employment drug screening
FT Employees are eligible for paid vacation time as well as company
sponsored health and wellness plans
FT, PT and Seasonal employees are eligible for:
- Paid sick time (40 hours per year)
- 401K plan with company matching * * Eligibility
requirements must apply
- Flexible schedules, including a combination of
weekdays and weekends are available
- Fun, upbeat work environment with various award and
recognition celebrations throughout the year
- Discounts in retail stores and free admission to all
Full-Time and Part-Time positions are available.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law.
May 15, 2021
About this Organization:
The Boston Tea Party, “the single most important event leading up to the American Revolution” occurred the night of December 16th 1773.
The Boston Tea Party Ships & Museum, owned and operated by Historic Tours of America, is dedicated to accurately reliving that famous event. With a new state-of-the art museum and authentic replica ships; the Beaver and the Eleanor; the attraction brings visitors back in time to learn and experience the courageous acts of those who forever shaped the course of history.