Full-time Contemporary Craft Retail Associate
Are you looking for an inclusive, engaging, and positive work environment that celebrates hand craft every day of the year? Gather Here is a fun and welcoming yarn, fabric, and handcraft boutique and studio for the contemporary crafter. Cambridge's first Stitch Lounge, Gather Here is hiring a full-time contemporary craft sales associate! We are looking for a fiber craft specialist with at least two years of retail experience and in-depth knowledge of a variety of handcrafts including but not limited to, hand and machine sewing, knitting, crochet, embroidery and patchwork. A strong vocabulary in the fiber arts and handcraft movement is essential.As well as a commitment to diversity, inclusion, and social justice.
To be a part of our team you need to be a friendly, outgoing, problem solver who is self-directed, detail oriented, flexible, punctual, and able to remain engaged for long periods of time. Responsibilities and expectations for this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Assisting with the day-to-day operations of an expanding physical and virtual stitch lounge.
- Assisting our crafty customers with product selection, offering knowledgeable answers to technical questions, and providing on-the-fly demonstrations of a full range of handcrafts.
- Operating a POS system, store upkeep, receiving shipments, packing/shipping orders, and displaying merchandise.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
- Community-oriented and passionate about craft as a form of community building and care.
Full-time employees must be available to work 30-40 hours per week; all employees are expected to work one weekend day and some evenings until 10 pm
. Gather Here employees should have a wealth of knowledge in multiple crafts and experience multi-tasking. Gather Here is committed to teaching their team members about all areas of handcraft represented in our studio through rigorous training via workshops, shadowing, and frequent reviews. All gather here team members are fully vaccinated and are required to be boosted by February 15, 2022.
What we can offer:
- Employer-subsidized health insurance + vision & dental options
- Competitive wage/salary
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Sick Leave
- 401(K) Retirement Savings Plan w/ 3% match and then 50% of contributions from 3% to 5%
- 50% paid Parental Leave
- 25% discount on purchases
- Free workshops
- Quarterly craft supply stipend
How To Apply:
Gather Here is an equal opportunity employer and encourages qualified minorities, women, people with disabilities, and military veterans to apply.
To apply for a position, please send your cover letter that describes your craft skills (links to examples of your handcrafts are extremely helpful) and availability and your resume with wage requirement (our minimum hourly rate is $18/hr) to email@example.com. E-mail is the preferred method of applying, with all attachments in a Google doc or PDF format.
We receive many resumes and kindly request that you do not call to inquire about the status of your application. Those candidates chosen for interviews will be emailed once the application period has closed.
January 22, 2022
$35,000 - $45,000
About this Organization:
We are an arts & crafts lounge providing classes and workshops on knitting, crochet, embroidery, and sewing. We also offer materials, notions, fiber and other tools for the discerning crafts-person.
Gather Here believes making is for everyone and that the very act of creating has a positive effect on the community. Recently featured on Boston.com
as one of the best local businesses in Greater Boston.