Street Perfromer Monitor
DEPARTMENT:Cambridge Arts Council
JOB CODE/POSITION#: X320
HOURS OF WORK: 10-20 hours/wk, May through October, including evenings and weekends
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Cambridge Arts Council (CAC) seeks applicants for three (3) part-time positions as Street Performer Monitors in the City of Cambridge. The Street Performer Monitor(s) will work under the direction of the CAC Community Arts Program to carry out to the following:
• Enforce the articles of the City of Cambridge Street Performer Ordinance (Ord. No. 1176) as outlined in the Sidewalk Use Ordinance (Chapter 12.16, Section 12.16.170)
• Ensure that all performers active on public property have and display valid city-issued Performer Permits
• Manage sound levels of performers through the use of a calibrated decibel reader and care taking of said decibel reader through due diligence which the equipment is in your possession
• Respond to program-related complaints as necessary and at the request of the Director of Community Arts and CAC staff
• Submit weekly reports on performer/monitor activity to the Director of Community Arts
• Act as the official liaison between the Cambridge Arts Council and performers, residents and members of the business community in matters pertaining to the Street Performer Program
Ideal candidates have a strong interest in music and/or performance art, excellent verbal and mediation skills, a desire to work with a diverse community and a commitment to sustaining the cultural life in the City of Cambridge. Bachelor’s Degree required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Street Performer Monitors are expected to spend between 10-20 hours per week in the field conducting routine monitoring, mediating performer conflicts, and responding to program-related complaints. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk, walk, and hear. Must have sufficient mobility to travel back and forth to and from various sites throughout the city. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT Performs duties inside and outside of buildings. Exposure to all weather conditions. Exposure to moderate noise level caused by music and other live performances.
How To Apply:
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Internal applicants, submit job bidding form and 2 copies of both your resume and letter of interest; external applicants, submit 2 copies of both your resume and letter of interest by 5:00 pm on the closing date to: Personnel Dept, Room 309, City Hall, 795 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge, MA 02139. Fax: (617) 349-4312. Email: email@example.com.
THE CITY OF CAMBRIDGE IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. WOMEN, MINORITIES, VETERANS AND PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. CITY OF CAMBRIDGE RESIDENTS ARE ESPECIALLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
April 19, 2012
About this Organization:
The Cambridge Arts Council exists to ensure that the arts remain vital for people living, working and visiting Cambridge.