Executive Assistant - Boston (year-round, full-time)
This position is responsible for the smooth day-to-day running of the Development and Marketing and Enterprise departments. Providing the highest level of administrative support and coordination for key executives, Chief of Development and Chief of Marketing and Engagement. This is a high-pressure role, with the need to balance multiple tasks and deadlines, respond to changing priorities and maintain a calm, effective and professional approach both internally and externally.
In providing support of two executives, this position requires a hands-on, self-motivated, and emotionally intelligent individual with a high degree of integrity, considerable judgment, ability to multi-task and work independently with little guidance.
Essential Functions and Skills
- Direct executive administrative support for key executives
- Calendar management
- Scheduling weekly, monthly and quarterly review meetings
- Oversee executives’ direct reports’ sick/vacation and expense reporting
- Coordination and management of committee meetings
- Maintain and update annual meeting schedules
- Organize and distribute meeting materials
- Arrange meeting space/venue
- Provide on-site meeting coordination with facility managers and caterers
- Attend meetings and take minutes; prepare draft meeting minutes to review and edit with staff and volunteer leaders of committees
- Post all committee materials to BoardEffect
- Coordinate and correspond with committee members
- Proofread and assist with formatting documents and correspondence; draft correspondence, memos and emails
- Create/edit presentations using MS PowerPoint
- Maintain digital filing systems
- Assist with other special projects, tasks, and duties as assigned with or without accommodation
- Excellent Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point skills
- Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge
- Highly organized with ability to multi-task
- Excellent writing skills and good communicator
- Team player
Education and Experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in executive assistant/office management role
- Associate’s degree preferred and/or relevant professional training
- Occasional travel across the state; access to a personal vehicle required.
- Occasional flexibility to work nights and weekends.
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance, with employer premium contributions ranging from 75% - 85% based on plan level
- Traditional and Roth 401K Retirement accounts available for employees to contribute to upon hire and a 5% employer match after one year of employment
- Three weeks of vacation time in the first year of employment, as well as ten sick days, two personal days, 12 holidays and one floating holiday per year. Four weeks of Paid Parental Leave following the birth or adoption of a child, after one year of employment
- Day of Service: employees take one regular work day per year to travel to another property to help out with a specific project
- Day of Wonder: employees take one regular work day to explore a Trustees property
- Discounts and access to properties equivalent to a family membership to The Trustees
Benefits and Salary
The Trustees offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, life and disability insurance, flexible spending account, vacation, sick and personal time, as well as the option to participate in our 401(k) savings plan. We also offer the opportunity to be part of a dedicated team across the Commonwealth who love the outdoors, who love the distinctive charms of New England, and who believe in celebrating and protecting our special places, for everyone, forever.
What we Do
The Trustees is an organization with a fascinating past and an exciting future. Our places are open to all and we thrive by involving as many people as possible in what we do. Founded in 1891, by a group of visionary volunteers, we preserve, for public use and enjoyment, properties of exceptional scenic, historic, and ecological value in Massachusetts and work to protect special places across the state. We have helped protect more than 50,000 acres, including 26,000+ acres on 117 reservations that are all open to the public. We are a nonprofit conservation organization funded and supported entirely by our visitors, supporters, volunteers, and members.
In addition to being an Equal Opportunity Employer, The Trustees of Reservations aim to create a thriving, inclusive workplace that values each member of our team. We aspire to reflect and effectively serve the residents and communities of Massachusetts who are at the core of our mission.
We kindly request that you do not call to inquire about the status of your application. Those candidates chosen for interviews will be contacted.
How To Apply:
Please apply online via The Trustees' website linked here
March 31, 2019
About this Organization:
The Trustees of Reservations is one of Massachusetts’ largest non-profits and the nation’s first conservation and preservation organization. We preserve and protect places of natural, scenic and historic beauty and hold these “reservations” in “trust” for public use and enjoyment. Our passion is to improve the quality of life in the Commonwealth, using our properties and their many programs as a powerful and compelling platform to engage more residents and visitors in our mission-driven work. We believe in protecting the irreplaceable forever, for everyone. Today, we care for 117 special reservations -- from beaches to farms, gardens and historic sites – within minutes of every resident. Funded and supported entirely by our nearly 2 million visitors and supporters, and more than 60,000 member households, we invite you to find your place.