Audio Mentors are the professional audio engineers hired on a contract gig basis to support ZUMIX’s Live Sound Service -- a youth-driven social enterprise employing young people to staff live sound gigs, ranging from speaking engagements to multi-band outdoor concerts around Boston. Audio mentors work hand in hand with youth technicians to provide a professional level service to a diverse range of clients.
• Support the experiential learning of ZUMIX youth sound technicians and interns
• Deliver professional live sound service at an affordable rate
• Ensure the safety of all youth during the learning process
• Safeguard the equipment from damage by mususe or environmental circumstances
• Uphold Z-Tech processes and procedures in partnership with youth
• 2+ years experience working professional live sound with analog and digital live sound consoles
• Excellent communication skills with youth and adults
• Excellent organizational skills and professionalism
• Youth development experience a plus
• Drivers license and a good driving record
• Strong commitment to breaking the cycle of unequal representation in creative technology fields.
(82% of Z-Tech’s youth participants are female and many are Spanish speakers.) Women, POC and
Spanish speakers are encouraged to apply.
ZUMIX does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression,
age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of
its activities or operations. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment
for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients.
How To Apply:
Please submit a cover letter and resume as well as three professional references to Avi Salloway,
Live Sound Service Coordinator at email@example.com.
In the subject line, please write Audio Mentor followed by your last name.
March 01, 2019
$90-250 depending on parameters of gig location, duration, etc.
About this Organization:
ZUMIX is a nonprofit organization that empowers youth to use music to make strong positive change in their lives, their communities, and the world.