Visitors Center Manager
Under the general supervision of the Economic Development Director, the Visitors Center Manager
oversees visitor-oriented programs and services located in the Visitors Center building, including the gift
store operation, Liberty Ride Tour, Battle Green Guide Program, and year-round custom guided tours.
The Visitors Center Manager performs professional duties in managing, supervising, staffing, delegating
tasks, and scheduling staff for the programs and services in the Visitors Center which serves as the
gateway to Lexington, MA.
- Oversee daily operations of the Visitors Center and its programs and services including hiring,
training, and ensuring a friendly and consistent high-level of customer service.
- Oversee and help coordinate the Visitors Center transition to temporary space in May 2019 and the
move into a new facility in April 2020.
- Responsible for the retail management of a gift store operation, including seasonal displays,
marketing, purchasing, and inventory management.
- Manages and delegates as needed the ordering, tracking and pricing of retail inventory as well as
researches and develops new merchandise and vendor opportunities.
- Responsible for the maintaining an updated Visitors Center website and launching related social
media to increase the Center’s online presence.
- Maintains business relationships with various vendors and acts as the first point of contact for issues
- Collaborate with Assistant Visitors Center Manager to ensure there is an on-call or on-site manager
during hours of operation, including the weekends, to assist staff with issues.
- Collaborates with the Economic Development Director and assigned staff to implement marketing
strategies, promotions, advertisements, social media and web-presence to promote the Visitors
- Monitors sales and expenses generated by the visitor-oriented programs; and oversees payroll for the
staff at the Visitors Center.
- Oversees that daily sales slips are recorded and tracks sales tax liability; Ensures that the banking
deposits are turned over to the Treasurer for all programs.
- Ability to operate retail software, cash register, credit card machine, and online software for ticket sale
- Greets visitors and assists with information referral.
- Ensures security and safety of the building and collaborates with Public Facilities to address issues.
- Communicates with transportation vendor on issues associated with the Liberty Ride Tour.
- Maintains a variety of print and electronic files and records for the program, including various
- Performs special projects and other related duties as required or directed by the Economic
How To Apply:
applicants are required to complete a Town application form, available from the
Internet at https://www.lexingtonma.gov/human-resources/pages/employment-town, emailing email@example.com or calling (781)
698-4590 or by visiting the Human Resources Department. Resumes may be attached to the application
form as additional information, but cannot serve as a substitute for completing
the required application form.
The Town reserves the right to modify the
application deadline, and/or accept applications after the deadline, to best
serve the interest of the community.
applications will be reviewed and the most highly qualified candidates will be
invited to one or more interviews. All
applicants will be notified of their standing in the process as soon as a
decision has been made regarding their individual application.
Prior to appointment, the final candidate may
be required to “pass” a CORI check.
who need accommodations in order to participate in this process should contact
the Human Resources Department.
regarding this hiring process should be addressed to the:
Resources Department, Town of Lexington
1625 Massachusetts Avenue
February 15, 2019
Anticipated Hiring Range: $61,968 - $67,659 annually
About this Organization:
The Town of Lexington welcomes approximately 120,000 visitors annually from around the world. Visitor Services staff welcome all visitors, provide information, and assist with informational tours.