Goodman Taft is an art advisory and independent curatorial consulting firm based in Cambridge, Massachusetts. We are seeking an intern with a background and interest in contemporary art or arts management who will assist in the various administrative processes and practices that enable the company to run smoothly. Through this internship we are also seeking to foster the development of under-represented voices in the fine arts.
Note: We will post for Summer internships in late April/May, but feel free to let us know if you're interested.
The Ideal Candidate
· An ideal candidate has an interest in contemporary art and they would find it a valuable experience to:
o Research current exhibitions, articles and learn about important art world events, happening in real time on a global scale.
o Organize that information in way that is actionable for the business.
o Assist with preparing pdfs and other documents to send to clients
· Any successful candidates will be team players with a willingness to take on a large variety of tasks that are dependent upon what needs to happen that day – big or small.
· We especially value the contribution of candidates who bring diverse perspectives, which may be under-represented in the field.
· Exceptional attention to detail is a must.
Duties & Responsibilities
o Updating our databases of artworks and exhibitions tracking
o Updating and maintaining physical client records and library
o Compile and organize images and artist information
o Sorting and filing catalogues, books and documents
o Helping with art fair preparation: corresponding with galleries, requesting gallery previews, assisting in building city itineraries for traveling Goodman Taft team members
o Provide administrative support to the Goodman Taft team as necessary
o Ad-hoc tasks as needed
· Coursework in art history, museum studies or arts administration
· Basic research and polished writing skills
· General comfort with computers and computer software
· Exceptional attention to detail and the patience to always double check your work
· Must be reliable and responsible
· Availability on Mondays, Tuesdays and/or Fridays preferred