Scheduling and Academic Services Coordinator
This position works closely with the
Program Manager on a variety of production initiatives, and provides administrative support to the BUTI Program Director and
Executive Director. Responsibilities include:
- Oversee academic office operations and serve as the main point of contact for the office
- Greet individuals, answer phones, and respond to email messages on a daily basis; maintain office supplies inventory
- Provide administrative support to Senior Leadership
- Manage facilities scheduling requests; generate, post, and update program schedules as directed
- Liaise with Student Life Office and various faculty and staff across multiple programs
- Liaise with the student body regarding academic issues and questions
- Provide support for special projects and development initiatives, including producing itineraries, greeting guests, and
- Manage day-to-day needs of campus, including equipment checkouts, schedule posting, and facilities information
- Manage instrument repairs (prior experience is not required)
- Act as visiting/guest artist liaison and point person, and assist with guest artist/vendor payments
- Work registration days and concert days, as assigned
- Manage international student check-in
- Other responsibilities as assigned
The preferred candidate for this position is able to multitask and balance competing priorities with minimal supervision. S/he is exceptionally detail-oriented and organized, has strong written and verbal communication skills, is able to interface with students, faculty, and staff at all levels, and exudes professionalism in all interactions and correspondence. Candidates with a valid US driver’s license are preferred.
How To Apply:
Apply online for this and other summer positions at www.bu.edu/cfa/tanglewood/employment
. A cover letter
outlining your interest and qualifications along with a work resume are required.
January 26, 2019
Salary, Housing, Weekday Lunch, Tanglewood Lawn Pass
About this Organization:
Boston University Tanglewood Institute (BUTI) is recognized internationally as one of the premier summer training programs for aspiring high school-age musicians and is the only program of its kind associated with one of the world's great symphony orchestras. Under the guidance of distinguished professionals and in the presence of
the Boston Symphony Orchestra (BSO), young people devote themselves to a
summer of extraordinary music making.
All BUTI programs share a common element: excellence. BUTI offers programs for all
orchestral instruments, voice, piano, and composition, ranging in
duration from two to six weeks. Depending on your area of study, you may
be eligible for more than one program, and students may apply for more
than one program with the same audition. Included with all BUTI programs is unparalleled access to all BSO and Tanglewood Music Center concerts, as many as 15 events per week.
BUTI is a magical blend of the formal and informal, of joy and hard work. No one who spends a summer at Tanglewood leaves untouched by the experience.