Registered NurseStudent Health Services
The Williams College Health Center provides excellent primary and urgent health care to its students. The Health Center is seeking an enthusiastic, skilled Registered Nurse for a 40 hour-per-week, year-round position. These hours will include weekend rotation during our months of operation. The successful candidate will enjoy working with the college-age population. We are looking for a nurse who is comfortable working with a high level of autonomy as well as with assessment and treatment of this age group and is skilled at communicating with patients and providers. We offer a positive work environment located on the beautiful campus of Williams College.
Williams College has profoundly transformed its student body in terms of socioeconomic status, ethnicity, and nationality, among other areas. Our expectation is that the successful candidate will excel at working in a community that is broadly diverse with regard to race, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, and religion. Applicants should highlight relevant experience with building, working with, and supporting a broadly diverse employee community.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assess, triage and treat patients within the scope of practice
- Administer allergy injections, immunizations, nebulizer treatments as ordered
- Perform venipuncture, ECG, ImPACT testing (pre and post-concussion), Travel Education
- Maintain confidential medical records through our EMR
- Communicate with providers during the weekend and evening hours as needed
- Provide health education to students for self-care, health promotion, disease
- Hours are varied and flexibility in work schedule is necessary
- Registered nurse with 5 years' experience in acute or ambulatory care
- Maintain continuing education credits (CEUs) as described in the Massachusetts 244 CMR: Board of Registration in Nursing to maintain the RN's license
- Excellent clinical, assessment and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Committed to serving the college-age population
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced ambulatory environment
- Experience with electronic medical records
Review of applications will begin on February 1, 2019, and continue until the position is filled.
Employment at Williams is contingent on the verification of background information submitted by the applicant, including the completion of a criminal record check, and education when applicable.
To apply for this position, please visithttps://staff-careers.williams.edu
. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us via phone at (413) 597-4247 or email email@example.com
Beyond meeting fully its legal obligations for non-discrimination, Williams College is committed to building a diverse and inclusive community where members from all backgrounds can live, learn and thrive.Apply Here
How To Apply:
January 15, 2019
About this Organization:
Williams is a coeducational liberal arts institution located in the Berkshire Hills of western Massachusetts with access to the culturally rich cities of Albany, Boston, and New York City. The College is committed to building and supporting a diverse population of approximately 2,000 students, and to fostering an inclusive faculty, staff and curriculum. Williams has built its reputation on outstanding teaching and scholarship and on the academic excellence of its students.