Director February School Vacation Program Charlotte’s Web: February 18th-22nd 2019
School Vacation Program
Web: February 18th-22nd 2019
Summary of position:
work directly with Artistic Director Joseph C. Walsh as they develop, prepare,
plan and implement our February Vacation Program production of Charlotte’s Web.
Education and process will be at the center of each of these programs with the
final performance being considered a sharing and celebration of work instead of
a full production.
- Direct, Assistant Direct, Choreograph
or Music Direct Charlotte’s Web or Jungle Book, Kids.
- Create and submit a detailed concept
for production and how you intend to stage the show and fulfill production
needs with limited time and resources.
- Cut length of play if necessary
- Create a positive learning experience
for every young person involved.
- Engage all young ACTors regardless of
role cast in.
- Create and submit a full schedule for each
day of programming.
- Create a clear code of conduct and
hold young people accountable for their actions.
- Lead a fun, but disciplined rehearsal
- Attend at least two planning meetings
with team and Artistic Director in preparation for programs.
- Help children feel comfortable,
included, affirmed and safe
- Be a positive role model.
- Be an ambassador for Arlington
Children’s Theatre and its mission.
Primary learning goals:
- Be able to plan and implement a
theatrical educational program with the focus being on process and
- Develop your artistic, creative and
- Be able to collaborate with a team of
other young theatre artists.
- Engage with young actors and develop
your skills in controlling a room and maintaining consistent discipline
and working practices.
- Ability to lead groups of artists in
- Ability to work with and lead young
actors with a sense of humor
- Previous directing and assistant
- Strong written and verbal
- A love of theatre and/or education.
How To Apply:
submit a short letter detailing your experience/suitability for a position and
what educational goals you would set for yourself during the process. Directors
please also submit a concept for the either show and detail how you would fully
engage 25-35 young people in the process and production. Please submit materials to Artistic Director
Joseph C. Walsh no later than January 8th
January 11, 2019
$400.00 for the week
About this Organization:
Established in 1991, Arlington Children's Theater of Arlington, Massachusetts is a nonprofit organization dedicated to creating positive theatrical experiences for children aged 4 through 18. ACT is an all-volunteer organization, made up of families who wish to have fun and work hard to bring theater to life. We hire theater professionals to teach our workshops and direct our shows. Each show relies on the participation of adult volunteers involved in every aspect of the production: lighting, costumes, make-up, set construction, set crew, etc.
Participation in an ACT production is open to any child, from any town, who is willing to work with the directors and fellow actors. No prior theatrical experience is required.