This Is Us
CommunicateHealth is a mission-based consulting company that helps public and private sector organizations simplify health information. We design health care services, personal health tools, public health and emergency communications, and innovative interactive media. We employ a talented team of plain language writers, communication and user researchers, designers, developers, and usability specialists dedicated to creating health information and services that are attractive and easy to use. We’re committed to making a difference in the world and in the lives of our employees. Check us out atwww.communicatehealth.com.
This Is You
We are looking for a usability researcher with a strong interest in health communication and designing for behavior change. You have knowledge of usability best practices and experience with a variety of usability research methods, and you stay abreast of developments in the field. You have conducted in-person and remote usability studies with diverse audiences. You are an experienced moderator who is passionate about the human-centered design process. You are able to evaluate a variety of products — from full websites to interactive tools to mobile apps. You excel at translating usability research findings into meaningful content strategy and product development recommendations. You enjoy working independently and collaboratively, have experience giving and receiving feedback, and have outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail. You are passionate about making health information easier to understand and use.
• Lead environmental scans, heuristic reviews, and web analytics reviews
• Develop research protocols including screeners, moderator’s guides, and surveys with minimal oversight from senior staff
• Moderate interviews, focus groups, usability tests, card sorting, and other research activities
• Support research team in following established processes for research, including review and approval of deliverables
• Establish and maintain study schedules and timelines – keeping other team members informed and accountable
• Conduct qualitative and/or quantitative data analysis — summarizing key themes, narrating findings, and making specific recommendations on information architecture, user interaction, and content strategy
• Draft clear, concise client-facing reports and other deliverables
• Support the development of easy-to-use digital products — defining product requirements based on client feedback and user research
• Oversee the coordination of recruitment and testing logistics, particularly for remote and field-testing activities
• Take organized, detailed notes during primary data collection
• Occasional travel required, up to 15% time