TJob Posting: Web Associate
(1 Full-Time Position in Northampton, MA or Rockville, MD)
This is us
CommunicateHealth is a mission-based consulting company that helps public and private sector organizations simplify health information. We design healthcare services, personal health tools, public health and emergency communications, and innovative interactive media. We employ a talented team of plain language writers, designers, developers, researchers, and usability specialists dedicated to creating health information and services that are attractive and easy to use. We’re committed to making a difference in the world and in the lives of our employees. Check us out at www.communicatehealth.com.
This is you
You are a motivated self-starter with excellent organizational skills and a strong interest in developing usable health websites and products at a mission based company. Your perfectionist’s eye for detail applies whether you’re coordinating schedules, crafting an email, or documenting requirements. You are comfortable holding technical pieces of a project and can follow-up on action items with colleagues to see tasks through to completion. In addition, you:
• Maintain strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills — and can perform writing assignments with little supervision.
• Are an effective verbal communicator, both in-person and by telephone.
• Have the ability to work on multiple time-sensitive projects with ease.
• Thrive in a fast-paced, flexible work environment.
Provide support for web development, including editing digital content, creating documentation, and supporting team communication. Tasks may include:
• Add and edit content in a CMS
• Use basic HTML and CSS to make changes to existing client or internal websites
• Provide basic maintenance, programming, and web support to development team
• Conduct initial research on web questions and present findings
• Provide quality assurance testing on web and digital products
• Draft initial documentation
Coordinate day-to-day activities on web projects. Tasks may include:
• Collaboration with multi-disciplinary teams of writers, designers, researchers, and web developers
• Maintaining web project schedules and timelines within a larger project schedule
• Interfacing professionally with high-level clients, including scheduling meetings and capturing next steps and action items
• You hold a Bachelor’s degree in a related field such as computer science, business, communication, or the social sciences.
• You have at least 1-2 years of professional experience.
• You have experience with project coordination, including the development and control of schedules and timelines.
• You have experience in a busy professional environment with a mix of remote and on-site staff.
• You have an interest in developing easy to use health related communications and learning online health literacy principles
• You have experience in website content maintenance including content management systems such as Drupal and basic HTML.
• You are familiar with Mac operating system and software.
• Solid working knowledge of common operating systems and software including iOS for Mac. Comfortable with digital-based work, especially digital project management and collaboration tools and video conferencing.