Workshop Proposals and Instructors
The Makery is a creative space in Coolidge Corner, Brookline, incorporating a cafe-style co-working, event, and instruction space paired with an active maker lab. Making resources include woodworking equipment and benches, an 80 watt laser cutter, 3D printers, a CNC machine, sewing machines, computer workstations and more.
The Makery is seeking workshop proposals that will actively engage the local community of artisans, makers, artists, entrepreneurs, small businesses and/or other community members. Youth class proposals also welcome.
Some possible workshop categories include the following. Other areas of creative instruction will also be considered.
- Building and architecture
- Laser cutting
- 3D modeling
- Coding and software
- Jewelry making
- Fiber arts including knitting, weaving and sewing
- Professional development
- Entrepreneurship and marketing
The capacity for workshops ranges from 6 to 20 participants depending on equipment and space needs.
We are looking for experienced adult and youth instructors, as well as skilled makers who can assist with internal program development.
How To Apply:
Please submit the following information via email to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- The name of the class/workshop and name(s) of the instructors
- A description of the workshop including the following; length of workshop; anticipated cost to participants; additional materials costs; your fees
- Resumes/CV of instructor(s): please include any prior teaching experience
- Images and descriptions of your projects, artwork, or images from past workshops
- Testimonials of past students (optional)
- Letters of recommendation (optional)
If your proposal is of interest, you will be contacted for a followup phone interview and meeting.
December 20, 2018
Negotiable based on experience and market
About this Organization:
The Makery @ Coolidge Corner is a makerspace, creative workspace, and design lab. Become a member, take a class, and ask about design and commission services.