Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent education and related experience.
- Experience working in retail or other customer facing position preferred.
Skills / Qualifications:
- Sound verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organization skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to run a cash register; possession of basic math skills required
- Excel and word processing experience preferred
- Must be able to work Sundays and occasional weekdays
- Expected to alternatively sit, stand, walk at least 6 hours daily, 8+ during main season
- Must be capable of climbing stairs several times daily
- Must be capable of operating equipment: computer, fax, scanner, copier, and telephone
- Flexibility to work weekends required
- A satisfactory criminal background check (CORI)
- Valid driver's license
Reports to the Fruitlands Museum Store & Guest Services Manager; has no direct reports.
Indoor work environment; requires ability to stand for long periods of time.
Please note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
The Trustees offers competitive compensation and the opportunity to be part of a dedicated team across the Commonwealth who love the outdoors, who love the distinctive charms of New England, and who believe in celebrating and protecting our special places, for everyone, forever.
About the Organization:
The Trustees is an organization with a fascinating past and an exciting future. Our places are open to all and we thrive by involving as many people as possible in what we do. Founded in 1891, by a group of visionary volunteers, we preserve, for public use and enjoyment, properties of exceptional scenic, historic, and ecological value in Massachusetts and work to protect special places across the state. We have helped protect more than 50,000 acres, including 26,000+ acres on 117 reservations that are all open to the public. We are a nonprofit conservation organization funded and supported entirely by our visitors, supporters, volunteers, and more than 60,000 member households.
In addition to being an Equal Opportunity Employer, The Trustees of Reservations aim to create a thriving, inclusive workplace that values each member of our team. We aspire to reflect and effectively serve the residents and communities of Massachusetts who are at the core of our mission.
We kindly request that you do not call to inquire about the status of your application. Those candidates chosen for interviews will be contacted.