After-School Instructor: Hands-On Electronics And Computer Classes
Circuit Lab (www.circuit-lab.com) currently has three open positions for 2018-19 after-school instructors.
- South Shore: in or around Plymouth, Marshfield, Weymouth, or Quincy, MA
- West of Boston, in or around Brookline or Newton, MA
- North of Boston, in or around Arlington, Lexington, or Burlington, MA
We are seeking to hire the right candidates immediately, and the start date for this position is flexible between November 15, 2018 and December 20, 2018.
School-Year work at Circuit Lab is part-time (15-20 hours per week) leading our electronics programs for elementary and middle schoolers.
Classes take place in the afternoons, typically between 2:30 and 5:30PM, five days per week. Exact timing will vary slightly based on individual class site schedules. We offer generous daily compensation for our instructors.
Priority will be given to applicants available to teach 5 days per week; you must be available at least 3 afternoons per week and you must have access to a vehicle for transporting class materials. We also have paid training and class shadowing time, to help you get familiar with our curriculum and teaching style before leading a class.
Our ideal candidate is an excellent and enthusiastic teacher who enjoys working with elementary-school age students, and has classroom management experience from at least 6 months leading classrooms and/or summer camp programs. The ideal candidate is also enthusiastic about technology, and has some experience experimenting with DIY electronics or robotics.
- Available to work part time during the school year (September to June).
- 6 months prior experience teaching K-12 students, comfortable leading groups up to 14 students.
- Bachelor's degree or working towards degree in education, computer science, engineering, or related.
- Reliable transportation: able to commute daily to class sites and transport class materials.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Located in the greater Boston area.
- Must pass state-mandated background check as a condition of employment.
How To Apply:
Please send a resume and a cover letter outlining your teaching and/or electronics experience, including age groups and class sizes that you have worked with. Let us know what excites you about working with kids and teaching them about technology!
November 30, 2018
$18-$20/hr / $54-$60 per teaching day
About this Organization:
Circuit Lab is a company that runs hands-on classes in Greater Boston to teach children about circuitry (electrical engineering) and programming (computer science). Our programs give kids an opportunity to learn essential modern-world skills that aren’t typically taught in school using leading-edge equipment and our project-based, creativity-encouraging curriculum.