GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
The Assistant Director, College and Visiting Events interacts regularly with the college community and visitors and plays a key role in the planning and execution of campus wide events including Commencement and Orientation. This position manages the Student Event Setup program. Some evening, weekend and holiday work will be required.
Reports to the Director of College and Visiting Events
The Assistant Director, College and Visiting Events supervises Student Trust Fund employees assigned to the Student Event Setup team. In the absence of the Director, the Assistant Director is also responsible for the supervision of any work-study students, interns, volunteers or other temporary employees of the department of College and Visiting Events.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Coordinate with Event Sponsors to define program goals and implementation plans, ensuring compliance with use guidelines and college policies
2. Coordinate and execute event support with internal offices such as Facilities, Public Safety, Technology, Academic Student Government Association, Academic Departments, and other outside vendors (catering, rental procurement)
3. Implement and manage Student Event Setup program. Recruit, train, supervise and provide feedback on student employees; ensure program goals are achieved
4. Assist with event expense tracking and coordinate receiving/processing vendor invoices; coordinate estimates and invoices of external parties for college space rental
5. Serve as secondary point of contact for external groups; perform event intake to determine program feasibility; conduct site tours for prospective clients
6. Utilizes Event Management System (EMS) for centralized scheduling, event registration and execution
7. Write and prepare general correspondence, compile data sources, and coordinate mailings of various sizes, including event invitations, announcements, and catalogues/programs
8. Coordinate Complex Event Advising meetings
9. Provide on-site event support as needed
10. Coordinate volunteers and student workers for event support
11. Provide assistance and guidance to other college department events as assigned
12. Ensure that affirmative action, equal opportunity, and diversity are integrally tied to all actions and decisions for which they are responsible and which fall within the scope of the Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Diversity Plan
13. Support the following events:
- Admissions Events (Fall Preview and Accepted Students Days)
- Institutional Events (Opening Day, Majors Day, MassArt Days)
- Other events as assigned
14. Perform other duties as assigned.