The Program Assistant role is a new position designed to meet the needs of our growing organization. We seek an eager and engaged person with ability to multi-task with the capacity for learning and self-starting. The Program Assistant will support all administrative-related activities and represent Metalwerx in interactions with students, artists, educators, visitors, and vendors with the goal of promoting a supportive, enthusiastic environment for all constituents.
Reporting to the Program Manager, the office administrator is responsible for managing general administrative tasks related to operations, marketing, class management, etc.
- Greet visitors, provide customer service and promote registrations.
- Class support and preparations include but are not limited to responding to course inquiries (email, in-person, and phone) registration and interest tracking, compiling evaluations, assisting with posting on our website, and creating class lists.
- Financial responsibilities include processing invoices, withdrawals, and refunds, as well as track, manage, and collect payments, submit invoices for review, and file invoices, waivers, etc.
- Answer phones, prepare letters and correspondence, service provider communications and ordering, open and sort mail/packages.
- Support marketing efforts on social media and with email newsletter content creation. Social Media activities include assisting with posting, sharing, commenting, and data gathering on. The program assistant will make regular updates to the website and internal communications systems.
- Support tasks related to private lessons, open studio time management, membership, and general inquiries.
- Compile information on community member needs and conveys relevant financial, customer service and facility information during weekly staff meetings.
24 hours per week. Wednesday through Friday from 3 - 8 PM. Saturdays from 9 AM - 6 PM. Additional time as available for special event support.
- Excellent people skills with passion and
commitment to working for an arts organization.
- Ability to work both in a team and
- Accurate, detail-oriented, and reliable.
- Comfortable with technology and a willingness to
learn new programs as needed. Current systems used at Metalwerx include
Microsoft Office, Drupal, QuickBooks, Constant Contact, Adobe Photoshop,
Dropbox, Google Analytics, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Trello, and by the end
of 2019, CiviCRM.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or at least
2 years of experience in a non-profit or administrative setting.
Metalwerx is an Equal Opportunity employer and is committed
to maintaining a diverse workplace that is welcoming to all.
How To Apply:
Send resume, cover letter and three professional references
to Lindsay Minihan, Director: Lindsay@metalwerx.com
with “Program Assistant Application” in the subject line. We hope for an Jan 1
start date, but will accept applications on a rolling basis until the position
is filled. For job posting purposes, the deadline is listed as November 30,
2018. Please no phone calls.
November 30, 2018
Hourly, commensurate with experience.
About this Organization:
Metalwerx promotes the art of jewelry and metals through
exceptional classes, workshops, studio space, outreach programming and events
for professional and personal enrichment within a supportive community of
artists and learners.
Metalwerx is an innovative school and community studio for
jewelry making and metal arts, located in Waltham, Massachusetts. We are
dedicated to providing a welcoming, creative, and well equipped environment
where outstanding instructors, inquisitive students, and dedicated makers can
inspire each other in the pursuit of jewelry and metalworking skills.
Our classes and workshops are cutting edge and varied, with
offerings tailored to every skill level. Novice and professional jewelers can
attend one to five day workshops, weekly classes, and intensive weekend
offerings suited to their needs, schedule, budget, and interests.
Metalwerx is also home to twenty-eight full and part time
Studiomates - a group of passionate amateurs, bench jewelers, and professionals
- who form a vibrant and active community. Members of the Metalwerx community
work as teacher’s assistants and school ambassadors, ensuring that every experience
is productive and memorable. Our annual Marketplace symposium showcases
materials, tools, and service vendors from all
over the country while also providing opportunities for attendees to
engage with experts in the jewelry field through
educational seminars and interactive tours.