HIGH SCHOOL MUSIC TECH LAB TEACHER/FACILITATOR
Lawrence High School's Lower Academy (Lawrence, MA) is looking to hire Music Tech Lab Teacher to create and design Music Technology program. We are looking to hire as soon possible.
The ideal candidate possesses a belief that all students are capable of learning. Teacher responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing skilled instruction in DAW-based music technology and songwriting using grade level appropriate music education.
- Preparing lessons that reflect & accommodate all individual learners
- Instructing students in the technical aspects of music, conducting rehearsals as necessary, and evaluating student performance
- Participating in specialist team planning meetings
- Participating in curriculum night, report card night(s), and building meetings
- Taking students on field trips to musical presentations
Lawrence Public Schools is an urban district, located 30 miles north of Boston, serving more than 13,000 students. We believe the fundamental unit of change in education reform is the school.
- Teach approximately five 90 minute periods;
- Plan and deliver rigorous lessons aligned to state standards;
- Update the Gradebook on a weekly basis;
- Use assessment data to refine curriculum and inform instructional practice;
- Actively participate in professional development, cohort activities, and school-wide functions;
- Implement school-wide behavior management system within the classroom;
- Make and log 5 calls home per week to keep families updated on their student’s progress;
- Serve as an advisor to 10-12 students and teach a weekly advisory
- Provide support, accommodations, and attention to all students
- Conduct morning and afternoon duties during assigned times;
- Display professionalism at all times.
- Be proficient in Microsoft and Macintosh OS Systems
- Have experience maintaining a computer lab, including general maintenance and system updates
- Be proficient with at least one (or more) industry leading Digital Audio Workstation such as Pro Tools, Logic, Reaper, Ableton Live, Cubase, Etc.
- Have experience teaching Fine Arts and/or Multimedia in a tangible, outcome based setting
- Knowledge of past/current urban musical artists and styles
(modern hip hop, rap, edm)
Course Proposal: Beatmaking and Songwriting
- Demonstrate ability to to connect with students through the medium of music
- Have experience distributing music through industry leading platforms such as Apple Music, Spotify, etc.
- Have 1-2 years experience working in a Urban High School setting (during and/or after-school)
- Have 1-2 years experience as a teaching artist and instruction of 10-12 students
- At least 5 years of relevant experience preferred
- Master degree preferred
- Citizenship, residency or work visa required
Music Production Lab is a computer-based music technology course that gives students the ability to test-drive musical ideas in the setting of a 15-seat music production lab, amongst their peers. Students are taught the basics of recording and hip-hop music production through the use of industry standard equipment and project-based assignments. (Open to other suggestions from interested candidates)
How To Apply:
Please send a complete resume, references, and cover letter to the following:
Ryan Solero - District Music Facilitator - Lawrence Public Schoolsryan.email@example.com
Juan Rodriguez - 9th Grade Academy Principal - Lawrence High School firstname.lastname@example.org
November 19, 2018
Depends on Experience/Years Taught
About this Organization:
Lawrence Public School Music Education Mission:
As music educators in the Lawrence Public Schools, our mission is to empower all students to be lifelong, independent musicians who will confidently create, perform, and respond to the music surrounding them and their extended communities.