Manager will oversee general business and information systems used for daily
office procedures and will manage box office and facilitate general marketing
and public relations for the organization. The position requires an ability to
anticipate the needs of the group, creative problem-solving skills and a
willingness to wear many hats.
and administer all concert production activities of the orchestra including
facility and equipment rental, cartage scheduling, staging requirements and
other logistical production elements and challenges as they occur.
and set up orchestra for rehearsals and concerts as coordinated with the wishes
of the Principal Conductor or guest conductors.
production elements with orchestra personnel, stage technicians, and concert
production schedule and stage plot diagram for each concert.
best possible physical working conditions for orchestra members in all venues.
performance materials for the season and place rental/purchase orders.
bowings with the string principals.
volunteers to help with copying parts and assembling mailers.
parts at least two weeks before the first rehearsal.
music after the concert, clean and return rentals.
BMI and ASCAP licenses.
Pro Arte’s marketing pieces in Adobe Suite, including postcards, brochures and
Pro Arte’s program booklets in InDesign.
Pro Arte’s eblasts (Mail Chimp)
Facebook and Twitter accounts.
all content for sharing on Pro Arte’s blog and social media.
Pro Arte’s Wordpress website.
Database/Box Office (PatronManager)
ticket and subscription orders.
the box office at concerts.
donations made throughout the year.
address list segments using reports and filters.
and organize bulk mailings and appeals with support of volunteers.
· Degree in music or arts administration, or equivalent experience.
· Creative and strong leadership skills.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Comfort with social networking, online posting and creative research.
· Facilitate production of print materials (posters, season brochure, postcards) draft and send e-blasts, create radio and print ads, develop marketing strategy
· Knowledge of networking and information systems including various hardware and software applications.
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, Adobe Creative Suite, InDesign and database software required.
· Ability to learn and utilize PatronManager/Salesforce CRM is essential.
· Attend all rehearsals, concert performances and special events; occasional nights and weekends required.
This position will require 20 hours per week.