Part Time - Program Associate
Community Access to the Arts (CATA) seeks a highly motivated, organized Program Associate ready to make a difference at our innovative, award-winning arts organization. The Program Associate position is part time, 20-30 hours a week, with opportunities for growth. Tuesdays are a required work day. Applications are accepted until the position is filled.
As Program Associate, you will apply your talents to support CATA’s dynamic mission of art and inclusion. You are detail-oriented and have a strong interest in the arts and in CATA’s mission. Reporting to the Program Coordinator and Program Manager, you will:
- Help coordinate a robust series of arts workshops for 700 artists with disabilities, working closely with CATA’s faculty to schedule appointments; secure program assessments and documentation; manage timesheets; create a program database and maintain organized records.
- Support program senior staff across a range of responsibilities, including maintaining master calendar of workshops.
- Assist in curating, installing, and coordinating art exhibits at local museums and galleries, including creating pricelists, labels and signage.
- Help lead back-to-back CATAdirect workshops on Tuesdays including setting up stations, welcoming artists, assigning tasks, teaching technique, communicating expectations, and clean up. Assist in research and product development, sourcing materials and supplies; communicate with vendors.
- Document CATA’s work through written reports and photographs to be used in evaluations, print materials, and grants.
- Plan and coordinate CATA’s public programs in collaboration with colleagues, and participate hands-on at events themselves.
- Manage art supply inventory and oversee studio organization, cleaning and upkeep.Other duties as assigned including filing, database entry, and modest schlepping.
- College Degree or equivalent experience
- Excellent computer skills. Must be proficient in MS Office Suite and other essential systems, especially MS Word, Excel, and Google Docs
- Ability to work independently and as a team member with ease in interacting with a variety of people
- Initiative, and strong attention to detail
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and shift direction when needed.
- Experience with art education and/or arts administration a plus.
- Must have reliable transportation to Great Barrington, MA
How To Apply:
For immediate consideration, please send your resume and cover letter to Kara@CATAarts.org and indicate your name and “Program Associate” in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
December 19, 2018
About this Organization:
Community Access to the Arts (CATA)
is an innovative arts nonprofit dedicated to nurturing and celebrating the
creativity of people with disabilities through shared experiences in the visual
and performing arts. Our small, highly energetic and professional staff works
collaboratively to create powerful art, promote positive human connections,
and lay the groundwork for social change. CATA serves 700 people with disabilities through workshops
in painting, drawing, dance, theater/improv, singing, drumming, juggling, yoga,
and creative writing. By sharing their extraordinary creativity with the public
through art shows and performances, CATA shines a light on the ability within
disability. Fueled by strong partnerships with area organizations, CATA
programs take place across Berkshire County, Massachusetts in residences, day
and family support programs, elder care settings, community centers, and
schools. CATA is based on a few groundbreaking ideas: that the arts can
transcend difference, that creativity can be embraced by all of us, that tiny
moments of connection can lead to tidal transformations. CATA’s administrative office and studio
space are located in Great Barrington, MA, ranked as “the best small town in
America” by Smithsonian magazine.