Assistant Box Office Manager
The Emerson Colonial Theatre in Boston is searching for an Assistant Box Office Manager to join the venue management team and assist in box office operations. The Assistant Box Office Manager will report directly to Emerson Colonial Theatre’s Box Office Manager, and will assist in managing a team of ticket sellers. This individual will be responsible for the following:
- Effectively manage day-to-day operations of the Box Office.
- Create and maintain ticketed events in a computerized environment.
- Interact positively and communicate effectively externally with venue guests, ticketing providers, artist, record labels, fan clubs, and tour managers as needed.
- Maintain the highest level of guest service, managing and resolving in person and over the phone customer service issues, in a timely and professional manner.
- Personnel hiring, evaluation, training coordination, discipline, scheduling, payroll, and supervision.
- Perform additional duties as directed by Box Office Manager, General Manager and Corporate office.
- Previous Box Office experience.
- Skill and working knowledge of computerized ticketing operations and software (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint).
- Ability to multi-task daily, be organized, detail oriented.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Knowledge of the Audience View and Ticketmaster host systems preferred.
- Proficient-typing skills required.
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential work functions.
- Job functions require hours of sitting, typing, and use of a computer.
- Workplace can have moderate to high stress levels.
- May be required to lift or move up to twenty-five (25) pounds using proper lifting techniques.
- Non-typical office hours will be customary including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
How To Apply:
This position will require completion of a successful background check for one or more of the following: Social Security Verification, Credit, Criminal, and/or Motor Vehicle, depending on the responsibilities of the position. Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization, which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Please send your resume to ColonialJobs@theambassadors.com
December 16, 2018
About this Organization:
Emerson Colonial Theatre is the longest continually operating theatre in Boston, MA. In its storied history, the theatre has debuted such seminal Broadway shows as Anything Goes, Porgy and Bess, Oklahoma!, Born Yesterday, Follies, A Little Night Music, Grand Hotel, and La Cage aux Folles, among others. Reviving a great theatrical tradition, the newly-restored venue officially re-opened with the pre-Broadway World Premiere of Moulin Rouge! The Musical and will be home to Magic Mike The Musical in Fall 2019. As an Ambassador Theatre Group venue, the Colonial is committed to embracing ATG’s vision in becoming the leading live entertainment provider in the world. The Colonial is passionate about creating an engaging and positive environment for both our customers and our employees.