Reporting to the Executive Director, the Registrar oversees the entire registration and billing process for Powers Music School’s 850+ students in private lessons, classes, and summer day programs. The Registrar ensures the integrity and accuracy of enrollment records for current and former students and facilitates the enrollment process through proactive communication with faculty, students and parents. The Registrar manages class and rooms schedules and works with the Marketing Director to ensure calendars, catalogs and our website are up to date. In collaboration with the Director of Music, the Registrar counsels and advises faculty and parents and is responsible for interpreting and enforcing the schools registration policies.
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
1. Overseeing the entire student registration process from new family inquiries to placement in classes and lessons, to re-registration of current students for the new semester or school year.
2. Processing all payments and manage all student accounts receivable resolving billing issues as needed.
3. Managing the school’s registration and billing database (ASAP) and serve as the school’s point of contact with the software provider.
4. Creating and scheduling all classes, lessons, and events each semester.
5. Serving as the first point of contact for new and continuing families with questions about classes and lessons.
6. With the Director of Music and Department Chairs, working to place students with appropriate individual instruction teachers and group classes.
7. Managing the schools merchandise inventory.
8. Assisting with attendance records of faculty and students.
Bachelor’s Degree required. 1-3 years experience in customer focused, non-profit arts administration experience is necessary; a background in music strongly preferred. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, significant experience with Microsoft Office and Google Suite required. A working knowledge of the ASAP registration application is strongly preferred. The successful candidate will be organized, creative, patient, detail oriented, a team player, and be able to work with diverse constituencies.
Hours:This is a full-time exempt position, 40 hours per week; Tuesday-Friday 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. Saturday, 8:00 a.m.-5:00 plus occasional school events such as the annual Open House and September Faculty Orientation Dinner.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience. Powers offers a competitive salary and benefits package that includes health insurance premium sharing, non-matching 403b retirement account, 14 paid holidays, 15 earned vacation days, 10 earned sick days.
How To Apply:
Please send a cover letter, resume and three professional references to Gavin Farrell, Executive Director, at email@example.com.
September 01, 2018
Commensurate with experience
About this Organization:
A passionate community committed to playing, learning, and growing together, Powers Music School is located in Belmont, MA. Powers welcomes over 900 students weekly, offering music lessons in nearly 30 instruments, early childhood and group classes, jazz and rock bands, Suzuki instruction, orchestra, music theory, and composition. The school is also home to summer programs for strings, chamber ensembles, and young children.