The Photography & Graphics Intern for The KITCHEN at the Boston Public Market will be responsible for shaping the KITCHEN’s visual and aesthetic online and print presence with the goal of engaging visitors in the broader work of The Trustees and the Boston Public Market. The ideal applicant will be energetic, motivated, and comfortable working in a self-directed and fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate will have some experience with photography and will be interested in learning new photography and photo editing tools and methods. Professional photography experience is NOT required. Interest in local food, cooking, health, environment, historic preservation, visitor engagement, land management, and/or non-profits is encouraged. Applicants must be tech-savvy and willing and able to learn on the job.
While the position is unpaid, the intern will gain valuable photography, graphic design, digital marketing, social media experience, a letter of recommendation, connections to local food companies and partners, and valuable non-profit experience. Interns can attend KITCHEN events for free and receive a discount to Boston Public Market vendors.
KITCHEN Engagement Manager
· Rolling start date, flexible based on applicant availability
· Approximately 10 hours per week, fluctuating between 5-15 hours depending on the week
· Applicants must be willing to work a minimum of three months with the option of extending
*This position is unpaid, school credit is optional
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Working with the Engagement Manager to develop a photo and graphics database for the KITCHEN
· Collaborate with vendors in the Boston Public Market to capture vibrate photo stories
· Attend KITCHEN events and take photos of event attendees and food preparation
· Log internship hours in the Hands on Connect database weekly