Part-time Education Specialist
The Education Specialist is
responsible for the implementation of educational programming focusing on
natural science, history, and art in after-school settings with elementary and
middle school students. Opportunities exist in both Northern and Southern Berkshire
Dates and hours vary by site.
Programs typically run between 2:30 and 5:30, two to four days per week,
Primary Functions and
This is a part-time non-exempt position. Reporting to the
Education Program Manager, the Education Specialist will interact with the
experience, engagement, operations teams and audiences of all ages to perform
the following duties:
· Delivery of art and science programs
· Managing a group of elementary and
middle school students at their school
· Timely onsite preparation and cleanup
of programming at school
· Maintaining good communication and
working relationship with school administration and staff
· Maintain and report accurate records
of material usage
· Participate in ongoing training for
Museum programming and curriculum
· Participate in weekly program status
meetings with Education Program Manager
· 1-2 years of experience working as an educator (formally or informally)
· Experience working with the general public, in a museum or other public program setting, preferred
· A Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Science, or Visual Arts and/or combination of Associates Degree with demonstrated professional experience. Current higher education students will be considered with demonstrated professional experience.
· Excellent writing and public speaking skills
· Ability to work effectively under minimal supervision and in a team-oriented environment
· Ability to communicate professionally with administrators, educators, and the general public
· Candidate must be able to work and/or type at a desk, climb stairs and lift up to 30 lbs.
· Candidate will ideally have excellent skills in use of contemporary technology in an educational setting
· Candidate must maintain a current Massachusetts driver’s license, personal automobile insurance, a safe driving record and have their own reliable transportation
How To Apply:
Send cover letter and resume to Jon Provost via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include Part-time Education Specialist in the subject line.
August 27, 2018
$20 per hour
About this Organization:
Berkshire Museum offers a unique array of exhibitions, activities, and attractions for visitors of all ages. From fine art and ancient objects to fossils; from an aquarium of native and exotic creatures to the Feigenbaum Hall of Innovation, it is a community museum: a place where everyone, from toddlers to elders, can learn, play, explore, innovate, be engaged and inspired.